Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PRIMEVAL

SLADE.exe - Entry Point Not Found [Fixed]

I've recently installed Slade3 on my laptop (Windows 7) and I'm having trouble trying to get it started. I downloaded the DLL files it's been asking for. Now, there's this new error that I haven't found the answer elsewhere (though I could just be blind). I double click the Slade.exe and I get an error that says this:

SLADE.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ??1critical_section@Concurrency@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll.

What have I done wrong and what do I need to do to fix it? Google isn't helping me. I get Minecraft results and I have no trouble running that on Windows 7 X).

Thanks in advanced.

Try running as administrator with dll files in both system32 directory and the slade folder the exe is in.

Did you download this DLL: 'MSVCR100.dll', the one in the error and put it in the slade folder? (Not insulting your intelligence there I'm just checking everything is spot on :)

All DLL in System32 folder, running as Admin didn't work. All needed DLLs are in Slade folder.

Usually that error means you have an outdated file. Long shot, but have you tried registering the DLL within Windows? (Dunno if this is even applicable to the current situation...)

The runtimes for newer MSVC versions are weird. They require special installation or they won't work. Especially copying to the application directory doesn't.

It's probably because the DLL needs to be also registered, something that would be automatically handled by the installer but of course not by just copying files.

I already installed the runtimes and I still get the error. I'll have to look into registering the DLL files.

PRIMEVAL said:

I already installed the runtimes and I still get the error. I'll have to look into registering the DLL files.

Did you delete all DLLs you added?

tempun said:

Did you delete all DLLs you added?

No I haven't. Something I should do?
Once I get internet access on my lappy, I'll get back to looking at this problem.

You can also try an SVN build. They're compiled with VC++ 2005 instead and might work out of the box.

PRIMEVAL said:

No I haven't. Something I should do?

Probably. If you still have the (apparently wrong) dll files in the slade folder it'll still be trying to use them.

Removing them from the Slade 3 directory worked. Thank you all for your help, much appreciated! Now I can edit Doom on the go.

I'm new to Doom editing and what-not, but so far, Slade 3 is a lot better than XWE. Much easier to use, much more stable, better organized.