Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stray_Bullet

My views on multiplayer

Ok, well, this is in no way a diss to anyone who has created Zdoom and Doom Legacy, this is just my opion on the programs.

Doom is a great game, always has, always will. When the source code was released, people began to work on the code, creating new versions with addons. Zdoom is one that i consider to be the biggest heap of junk in the world. The reason for this, is it is SO slow. To top it off, it is played through windows. Whats up with that? A DOS version would be so much better! Of course, there is one, but I find it doesnt work very well. Also, Zdoom doesnt seem to include all the necessary files needed to play, leaving you stuck looking for them. Zdoom should be switched back to DOS, and be written over again IMHO.

As for Legacy, I've never tried the windows version, but i can tell you, the people behind legacy mean well. The only thing i consider faulty is the multiplayer options. It seems that it does work under DOS, and to top it off, it uses UDP, when IMHO should have used TCP connections.

This was just a minute of my time to talk about some multiplayer stuff.

Originally posted by Stray_Bullet
...A DOS version would be so much better! Of course, there is one, but I find it doesnt work very well. Also, Zdoom doesnt seem to include all the necessary files needed to play, leaving you stuck looking for them. Zdoom should be switched back to DOS, and be written over again IMHO.

DOS is 16 Bit and not up to date, it would not make any sense to do so.

...it uses UDP, when IMHO should have used TCP connections.

UDP is better for this issue, it is connectionless.