Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

weird issue with my PS3

its kind of weird, and quite frustrating, but sometimes, out of nowhere, it will start saying all my games are corrupt, the CD wont eject or go in properly and the PS3 growls at me.

It has so far happend to World at War and MW2.

It did it to resistance.

I shut off my PS3 and restarded it. Did nothing. Cleaned CDs, did very little. Deleted unused files, did nothing.

Then after a while, the CDs will work again.

Can some one please explain to me what is going on?

What's a ps3? I've owned a ps2 since 2000 and it's worked perfectly for over 10 years. Shitty hardware I guess. Buy a new one or something?

Quast said:

What's a ps3? I've owned a ps2 since 2000 and it's worked perfectly for over 10 years. Shitty hardware I guess. Buy a new one or something?

I'm not buying another PS3.

I'd loose alot of things (for the 3rd time) I cant replace.

And I dont have the money.

its not broken, it still plays these games. Its just at times, the CDs are corrupted or something.

And today it scared the holy crap out of me when I turned it on and only showed a blank screen until I restarted.

Does my Playstation have down-syndrome or something?

Sounds like your drive is dying. I assume it's out of warranty? You could try cleaning it. Unplug it and vacuum all the ports. If you feel like opening it up, you can vacuum the insides as well. Don't use compressed air; this will just get the dust farther in there.

If that doesn't work, either send it to Sony to get it fixed or try to MacGyver it yourself with an ebay'd drive off a parted system or something.

How long have you had it?

Have you tried resetting it to factory default settings? Believe it or not, this actually fixed some trouble I was having with my 60GB fat model playing PS2 games, and I haven't had any problems since.

Krispavera said:

How long have you had it?

Have you tried resetting it to factory default settings? Believe it or not, this actually fixed some trouble I was having with my 60GB fat model playing PS2 games, and I haven't had any problems since.

idk. It only happens when I put WaW in, and sometimes MW2.

Its weird.

Will that delete my memory or anything?

yellowmadness54 said:

its not broken

yellowmadness54 said:

Its just at times, the CDs are corrupted or something.

And today it scared the holy crap out of me when I turned it on and only showed a blank screen until I restarted.

yellowmadness54 said:

it will start saying all my games are corrupt, the CD wont eject or go in properly and the PS3 growls at me.

Sounds broken (or breaking) to me.

I know someone who had exactly the symptoms you are getting with their PS3. Eventually it died and they bought a new one.

yellowmadness54 said:

I'd loose alot of things (for the 3rd time) I cant replace.

I take it there is not backup facility for a PS3?

yellowmadness54 said:

Will that delete my memory or anything?

I don't think it'll delete your saves or anything but it'll reset everything else to factory defaults. If you're worried about losing your saves, you can probably back them up onto a flash drive. I'm not saying it'll fix everything (or anything at all) but, hey, might as well. It's either that or pay to get it fixed. :P

Ragnor said:

If your a Playstation Plus member, you can back up saves via online storage, even copy protected saves

playstation plus pisses me off more and more by the minute.

"MAG demo only available for PS+ members"

thanks, now I even have to pay to download demos, thats cool sony.

Now I need to pay extra to make sure your trash doesnt delete my saves?

Playstation Plus is pretty much a discount subscription so far, I keep seeing all these great deals that I cant take advantage of yet

And Xbox Live is the same. You need Gold to use Facebook, and you need gold to send messages on xbox.com, etc. Gotta have something to encourage you to upgrade..

EDIT: And you CAN backup your normal saves with a flash drive or even a PSP. How else are people downloading other people's save files to bypass annoying parts of games? :p For copy-protected crap though, the online storage is the ONLY way, and you cant redownload it for 24 hours

Because you can copy saves between profiles, thus cheating at multiplayer, or starting of with a whole bunch of awards. That kind of thing, I havent had my PS3 that long, so I dont know all the specifics yet. All it means to me is that my Star Ocean save will be lost if I get a new PS3 or harddrive....unless I get a PS+ subscription.