Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

crysis 2 demo

I have to say I'm impressed.

I have played a total of atleast 2 hours of this. Only 20 minutes was actually playing, the rest was waiting to find a server or constantly getting my connection dropped.

The gameplay is just, again, another generic CoD lay-out. So I'm totally disappointed. I was so, ready to be able to play crysis on console.

I strongly recommend you guys dont download this. It takes hours to find a sever or game session. its like there is only 1 server out there.

Actually, I've enjoyed the demo on Xbox 360. It seems almost too graphically intensive for the box, but it never has huge lag.

Graphics aside, the weapon effects don't seem to have the right punch, people just fall straight down dead. The fun part has been the movement and sneaking. The energy for sprinting lasts awhile, and recharges quicky, though you do have to slow down to take shots, annoyingly. Aiming down the sights isn't a huge necessity for the shotgun, so I try to just run and gun without it. You can climb up high walls, giving a good feeling of mobility around the layered battelfields, and all the eyecandy does seem to provide effective hiding areas.

All in all, it seems superior to the few minutes of CoD I played, as the sprinting was so short lasting in that, though maybe I just never got the feel for the game.

Also, joining servers on Xbox is quick and easy, though that may be my location. I do wish that I could have a normal list of servers to join like PC games. That's a major problem with Halo 3/Reach, while TF2 on Xbox managed to give a normal easy server list.

idk,

it doesnt feel anything like crysis.

And I can see already much of this was EA's again trying to immitate
CoD.

We once again are forced to wait for intermission time. Maps being resized way down. Another class system setup, specs, etc.

I really wish FPS's would start feeling new again.

I played the demo to rank 10 on PC and had a blast the whole time. Using the cloak mode to sneak up on dudes is pretty satisfying and I love air stomping enemies. I had trouble connecting to servers at first but they seemed to fix that pretty quickly and I haven't had a problem since.

Krispavera said:

I played the demo to rank 10 on PC and had a blast the whole time. Using the cloak mode to sneak up on dudes is pretty satisfying and I love air stomping enemies. I had trouble connecting to servers at first but they seemed to fix that pretty quickly and I haven't had a problem since.

On PS3, I have only connected to two servers total.

I stopped playing it and now consider it a waste of time. It takes way too long to connect.

Crysis 2 is fun. I didn't know that you could connect to ANY servers now (the demo is "over", apparently)

Random D/C and whatever are annoying, they should put a feature that saves your score for when you come back.

Overall I was pretty impressed with the demo. The actual FPS part is like COD (just like the FPS part of the original was essentially standard for a 2006 game), but the nanosuit more than makes up for that. Fun fun fun! Friday

It certainly looks a hell of a lot better than Homefront at least. :P

Fuck the multiplayer and fuck the demo. I'll give a shit about it when I hear about the single player. I don't think I even touched the multiplayer once in the original Crysis. I was happy enough killing Korean troops by throwing god damn chickens and other Korean troops at them.

rf` said:

It certainly looks a hell of a lot better than Homefront at least. :P

You know I was actually looking forward to Homefront, then I found out the other day the SP campaign is about 4 HOURS long. Bullshit. Not even worth a rent.

Craigs said:

Fuck the multiplayer and fuck the demo. I'll give a shit about it when I hear about the single player. I don't think I even touched the multiplayer once in the original Crysis. I was happy enough killing Korean troops by throwing god damn chickens and other Korean troops at them.

the single player beta was leaked by some pirate on PC.

It looks like Halo 2 with larger maps and more splosions and more of a free-roaming ability.

imp1979 said:

You know I was actually looking forward to Homefront, then I found out the other day the SP campaign is about 4 HOURS long. Bullshit. Not even worth a rent.

That short? That's terrible. I've also heard it's scripted heavily enough it makes Call of Duty look free-roaming.

imp1979 said:

I think deciding whether or not to buy a game based on its length is bullshit.

Length of one playthrough is irrelevant, as far as I'm concerned, if the game is fun enough and replayability is high. And this is coming from someone who generally doesn't pay much attention to games' multiplayer components: someone focused solely on the latter won't care at all about campaign length. Not to say you can't have both (see: Deus Ex), but it's not sole grounds for disqualification in this Xaser's eyes.

Besides, how long does it take to beat all maps in Doom[2]? :P

One last question I have about the PC version of Crysis and quite frankly the most important one of all:

Can you still lean?