Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

uac.advertising.com

I installed adblock just now (go ahead and ask me why I didn't already have it, I don't know) because the DWForums home keeps making avast! go bing bing bing threat detected with uac.advertising.com. Apparently the UAC got bored with their helleporters and decided to start a virus on eBay.

But yes, anyone without adblock or good antivirus, watch out!

I've long since gone past ad blockers and just run NoScript on most sites, as well as FlashBlock. 90% of ads online disappeared and everything else magically stopped auto-loading their Flash widgets/players. It made the web a nice place again -- well, except for all the times I have to poke around in the NoScript menu trying to find the right domain to activate to load the site's content.

with noscript, I think you can just right click a page 'temporarily allow all this page', then make permanent if desired.

betterprivacy is another firefox addon

Quasar said:

According to the Avast forums it's a false positive.

Pffft. Prepare for Martian Buddy pop-ups out the ass.

Technician said:

Pffft. Prepare for Martian Buddy pop-ups out the ass.

The devil douches already sent me a crate with 4 fucking chainguns in it. What the hell am I gonna do with this crap?

gggmork said:

with noscript, I think you can just right click a page 'temporarily allow all this page', then make permanent if desired.

As of a few versions ago, you can middle click the noscript logo on the information bar to temporarily allow the current page.

neubejiita said:

Just added it to my /etc/hosts file. Already got a few thousand entries, good to add one more.

I'm glad that you told us it was your /etc/hosts and not, you know, that you used an easy-to-use, popular program/browser that maintains an up-to-date blacklist and phishing/malware protection.