Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kudo

Tour of Id video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-SwU2iJ_1k

This was awesome. I have wanted to see the inside of the id building forever it seems. Also did Willits make a mistake with the Archvile that he has there (at 1:09)? I mean he called it a Revenant. Or was that the original Archvile model and did they only later switch the names?

I make that mistake sometimes, too.

What really upset me is the bitch from Fallout being in there, especially when talking about the Doom models.

Well, he said something along the lines of "Revenant from the original Doom". Seems like a double fumble.

Interesting that they have a copy of NES Zelda among their "prized possessions".

J-selva said:

Well, he said something along the lines of "Revenant from the original Doom". Seems like a double fumble.

Well, I still sort of consider Doom 2 as part of "the original doom". Or I'll just use "Doom 2" as a way to clarify I'm not talking about Doom 3.

I consider all of the Doom games up to Final Doom as just Doom, or Classic Doom, if I need to be more specific. Doom 64 and Doom 3 I'm going to refer to with their respective names, because they're different from the original Doom games.

You do have a point about that. Still, it's not wrong to assume he messed up about that, too, considering he misnamed the demon.

Tim Willits said:

Revenant from the original Doom

I stopped watching after that.

40oz said:
I stopped watching after that.

I stopped reading after seeing the title of this thread. Everyone should know that the "id" in id Software is spelled in all lowercase characters.

CODOR said:

I stopped reading after seeing the title of this thread. Everyone should know that the "id" in id Software is spelled in all lowercase characters.

Yeah, especially since one of the original id staff members created this here thread.

Oh no he didnt get it right at all, the revenant is from doom 2 and that model was obviously the archvile! I've completley lost faith in id now and I disown them completley and will never buy there games again!

Yeah, I've never made a mistake like his misnomer in my life. If I did, I certainly have to go back and be like, "Man, why the fuck did I say that?! What a silly mistake!"

Good thing I'm infallible!

chungy said:

Forgetting the exact details of a 20 year old game, this is unforgivable!

Forgetting the age of a 17 year old game, THIS is unforgivable!

Egad, the drama that ensues from all these mistakes!

FWIW, I don't really give a crap whether he botches once or a million times.

Foodles said:

Oh no he didnt get it right at all, the revenant is from doom 2 and that model was obviously the archvile! I've completley lost faith in id now and I disown them completley and will never buy there games again!

Oh no you didn't get it right at all! It's "Didn't" with an apostrophe, "completely" not "completley" and "their" not "there" I've completely lost faith in you and will never read your posts again!

Heh, the wall of id's old games done for magazine publications was pretty impressive. I never knew that they had done that much over the months back then. Other than that the way the company upsized from the office tour in 1993 was to be expected, but it still seems like a decent work environment.

valkiriforce said:

Oh no you didn't get it right at all! It's "Didn't" with an apostrophe, "completely" not "completley" and "their" not "there" I've completely lost faith in you and will never read your posts again!

don't get too excited, I actually think people are over reacting to that little mistake in the video and made that silly post to try and get other people to see that, thanks for the grammar check though.

I never new id was huge!
I thought it was a small office where a few guys program!