Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katamori

How to make a Strife mod?

Some minutes ago I saw this project, and previously I've tried Kaiser's Strife works too.

Also, I love Strife, one of the best games I've ever played. Sometimes I think about the idea of a custom Strife project, but as I saw, Strife contains a lot of extras and new ideas.

How to make a custom project? Which tools are needed for that?

(I think about custom dialogues, story, map system and maybe some little other ones.)

Doom Builder 1 or 2 for maps, XWE/Slade for lump editing. Dialogue is where it gets messy.

Okay, but there's more problem:

to make a dialogue to the character, there need characters who are moving or just stay, but they don't attack you.

How to make that?

In the map editor. There's a "friendly" flag you can set for things (like the ambush/deaf flag and the multiplayer-only flag and so on).

Gez said:

In the map editor. There's a "friendly" flag you can set for things (like the ambush/deaf flag and the multiplayer-only flag and so on).

Oh, thanks!

BTW, how to do that under Doom in Hexen format? (Doom Builder 2)

ALLY is not the appropriate flag to use for things that are going to talk, if those things are supposed to attack you later. Instead you use the STAND (or STANDING) flag to make a character stand in one spot. If you don't give them that flag, they'll wander around randomly while not angry at you.

ALLY is specifically for creatures you want to be allied with the player, such as the Rebels. Allies won't attack the player on most maps even if the player does damage to them. MAP03 IIRC is an exception however, hardcoded into the the vanilla game. Rebels on that map *will* attack, because it's the Front Base and they are super-protective of it I guess :P