Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

I noticed either something is terribly wrong with the resource texture WAD or my file somehow has become corrupt. The WFALL1 texture doesn't animate correctly and it shows all these other textures appear instead. I would download the resource again just to double check, but the download for the link I got in my PM has expired.

Progress on my map has been picking up much better lately, what with not being too busy with other stuff lately. The map should be finished pretty soon and will hopefully be accompanied with more screenshots.

The project is semi-dead I think or it is inactive. I'm still waiting for getting into this project but Whoo is very busy.

I am now making a hellish map for this if I get accepted.

skaman86 said:

Is this still being worked on?

It is always slow during the school year, as every team member is in some level of school as far as I know.

Hey Whoo.

Check your PM's, have finally sent you the latest version of "Mill II"

Am slowly getting through a second map for this also.

Isn't Kyka mapping "Mill II"? Or are you him?

EDIT: Oh wait, It is you! Same pronunciation lol.

C30N9 said:

Isn't Kyka mapping "Mill II"? Or are you him?

EDIT: Oh wait, It is you! Same pronunciation lol.

:)

C30N9 said:

Screenies

I like the general design of the map here. Has a really classic TNT feel to it.

The rock walls in the last two screenies look a little bare, but clearly not finished yet.

Overall, me like.

C30N9 said:

Looking nice, but the last two are a little bare, as Kyka said. I'll be playing your map later tonight, but if it's like this then I'm sure it will be fine.

Also, make sure you're using chocorenderlimits when you start developing new areas to make sure that the SEG limit won't overflow.

That small 'S' indent in the wall was a cool effect, how about using some kind of lava and scroll the ceiling? Could have blood pooling down from the top as well to add an extra decorative effect.

Alphawolf said:

how about using some kind of lava and scroll the ceiling?

This is in doom2.exe format, not Zdoom or whatever other ports that support scrolling ceilings/flats.

Thanks all for the feedback, I'll peek on MAP28 from Doom 2 as it has the same atmosphere for the rock area.

As for my map that I sent you before, maybe you won't like it because the outer area looks like a level from Doom 1 but anyway.

Ragnor said:

Everytime this gets bumped I get excited all over again :{

Well Then. In that case.

I had better post some screenies of this new map of mine. Kind of an experiment, we will see how it turns out.

C30N9+DeathevokatioN said:

That looks really awesome Kyka.

Although some areas feel very big and empty.

C30N9 said:

I like big open areas. Provided that it's filled up with monsters it should be fine.

I'd put shadows beneath the marble structures though.

C30N9 said:

Are you telling me to put more detail in? Imagine that. Someone telling me to put more detail in. Heh. :P

In truth I have been mapping uber detailed stuff for so long that getting my head around vanilla again is kinda hard. I am probably under-detailing even by vanilla standards, just coz I gotta get used to where those visiplane limits are again.

DeathevokatioN said:

I like big open areas. Provided that it's filled up with monsters it should be fine.

Oh yes. There will be monsters.

THERE WILL BE MONSTERS...

I'd put shadows beneath the marble structures though.

Good call. I like it.

No No Detailing is fine, maybe I was too early for posting, but you maybe shrink a little in the first screenshots, but thats just my opinion. Other than that all of the screenies are cool.

Looking good Kyka! Although I feel the need for a little height variation in the first two shots.

C30N9 said:

No No Detailing is fine, maybe I was too early for posting, but you maybe shrink a little in the first screenshots, but thats just my opinion. Other than that all of the screenies are cool.

Heh. I was just kidding about the detailing anyway. Yeah, I might shrink it a little. Either that or pack it so full of monsters that you don't notice how big it is. :P

jointritual said:

Pretty good shots kyka is it inspired by any particular tnt map?

Thank you. And yes. Definitely inspired by that huge area at the end of level 21. My map probably won't look much like that map, but I would like it to be inspired in the sense that when I first saw that map, that area was just so huge. And dark. And scary. With that blood red sky, and a cyberdemon that you couldn't see properly coz it was pretty dark, it was a tough area. (And back then, cyberdemons were actually difficult, as opposed to now, where some maps use them like they are overgrown imps, or something.)

Whoo said:

Looking good Kyka! Although I feel the need for a little height variation in the first two shots.

Done!

Also, please tell me that we are going to remove some of those terrible original textures and replace them with better ones.

[edit] and I don't just mean the ones with TNT scrawled on them with MSPaint either. Some of the other regular textures aren't that great either,

C30N9 said:

Disagree.

But I think with height variation to make the buildings look taller and shadows beneath the marble structures it'll look perfect.

Did anyone make a "MAP08: Metal" homage? As I'm planning to make a map inspired by that (including the music). However I didn't even start it because some delay and I'm really bored. (No I didn't forget about the last map sent to you)

From a new map which is a collaboration between StupidBunny and myself.

For my part, I am actually making good progress. Go figure. :S

Thanks essel. :)

Yeah, the visiplane thing has occured to me, but since I got my new system several months back, for some reason I haven't been able to get Chocolate Dooom (and thus chocorenderlimits) working. Something to do with the video settings I am guessing. It loads fine, but then the window straight away minimizes itself, and if I alt-tab back to it, it just instantly minimizes itself again, and I am not actually able to do anything with it.