Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

New game from QWOP creator

I know you guys are obsessed with QWOP (we have a thread about it like every month, no?) so here is the creator's brand new flash game

http://www.foddy.net/2011/03/girp/

It is probably the best flash game I have ever played. I suck and have only been up to 15, been playing all day practically though

heh, surprisingly difficult. I've gotten up to 6.5 so far.

My best so far is 7.0. I neglected to read the instructions, so at first I couldn't figure out how to pull myself up, and now that I figured it out, I keep ending up upside down. :P

Hehe, this is fun as hell, somehow. Moreso than its "spiritual predecessor."

10.1 or so for me thus far. I think that's more than I ever made it in QWOP.

Made it 12.2 on my fourth try

This is the kind of game I'm actually not that bad at. The main issue is figuring out which hand you need on which ring before reaching for the next one. Once you have that figured out, reach for the next ring while swinging yourself up until you reach it.

OH MY GOD I JUST BEAT IT

my highest had been 15, and i just decided to play one more round and i made it all the way! my final time was 30m, 43s.

what am i doing up at 4am playing this game

Actually better and more intuitive than QWOP, however certain key combinations don't seem to work, e.g. I couldn't get Q + W to work at the same time, so certain transitions are impossible. Also, controlling with which hand you start your climbing could be useful.

In any case, my personal philosophy is that difficulty in a game should lie anywhere BUT in the controls.

9.8 then the bird knocked me off

It would be cooler if the letters on rings were related the the position of the keys on the keyboard. Like for example if your character was holding F with his left hand and you needed to reach for the ring to his upper right, the letter you had to press would be something like U or I

I got to 18.4 eventually - quite enjoyable, and it's always fun when you're trying to work out which finger wants to let go of its key to avoid the inevitable fall a little longer.

13.8 for my first go then I got myself to a place where I couldn't reach up to the next ring above me and going sideways would have meant going down and across - by which time the tide had caught up with me making that impossible too.

Not bad.

If you relax your grip and then pull up with the momentum is it possible to reach further than you would by holding it down the entire time?

7.1 on the first attempt before I realized you couldn't do leaps of faith like in the movies.

st.alfonzo said:

If you relax your grip and then pull up with the momentum is it possible to reach further than you would by holding it down the entire time?

It seems to be, yes.

Yeah, you have to release the button to get the full length of the gripping arm, as it contracts when you pull yourself upward.

If you're careful lucky, you can launch yourself with both arms from certain positions to get even higher, but most of the time your guy won't be able to catch the rings that you launch him to anyway.

I got to a point around 26 where I just couldn't reach the next ring and the water caught up with me.

Got bored with it soon after.

ive gotten up to the very top. I've gotten really good at utilizing arm flexing to get into a swinging motion which really extends your reach. I tried to get to the present at the top but it looks impossible without doing something really acrobatic. Apparently i didn't swing around hard enough and couldnt reach the last rings. this is really fun though. A lot easier to get the hang of than QWOP is.

Yeah, I've been to the top three times now, but I can't seem to clear the last big space at the end either. It was just a few pixels out of reach, and I think you have to make sure the grip on the swinging arm is as close to the other ring as possible.

Either that, or you have to launch yourself and catch the far ring in midair.

Damnit. I finally crossed that seemingly impossible span at the end, and then right as I was swinging to grab the box, I kicked the stupid bird toward it and ...