Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JavaGuy

None

Ya know, I'm still new to deathmatch, but I've beat others that've played longer than me. But tonight I got beat by a guy named "Player" 22 to 10 or something. How good I am really seems to change. Anyways, if someone wants to play on Zdaemon against me, I'll be in the Raider game.

Sometimes good players lurk around with names such as "player".

No, I'm just having a really bad gaming night. I've starting drawing again recently, and I get a lot of stress from that, so maybe my mind's not on Doom for once. Hey, there's a cure for obsessivness... stress about something else. By the way, feel free to send this post straight to hell.

Trying to organize a game over a forum would be pretty hard....you could use Doom Connector or IRC. Doom Connector has chat and you can load the games right from it. IRC is where the good players go. If you want a game on MSN Zone you can use irc-3.stealth.net and goto #nightmare. If you want a game of ZDaemon you can use irc.openprojects.net and goto #zdaemon. If you havent used IRC...get mIRC it is pretty darn easy.

Player is any "player" that is so fucked up that losing is so abhorent that he/she/it is unable to risk real name being known, sometimes the coward changes name to it's real name when it is far enough in front to be assured it is going to win, then it can proclaim it's name to the world, a name only to be known if it's winning, never if it's losing...sad fuck(s)

But sometimes it can be real good players that hide their ID and when they beat som1 good, they say they are newbs to make everybody mad.I hate all the "Player" in the world!

For any "player" that is good read "Toke" "Anav_DS" "Nightowl_DS" we should compile a list, let's see who we can "out"

Or else they're too stupid to realize that they can change their names.

The only time I'm ever logged on as player is when ZDaemon crashes and all the settings get reset for some queer reason. But I change my name back right away.

Does anyone have advise in one on one? I can do with a few others, sure. I'm good at figuring out what weapon to use in certain cases (mostly between chaingun and DB Shotgun). But with one on one, it always seems like the other guy can take more hits than me, and I'm getting a bit fuddled (whatever that means). So what's the secret?

Originally posted by JavaGuy
Does anyone have advise in one on one? I can do with a few others, sure. I'm good at figuring out what weapon to use in certain cases (mostly between chaingun and DB Shotgun). But with one on one, it always seems like the other guy can take more hits than me, and I'm getting a bit fuddled (whatever that means). So what's the secret?

I actually don't like 1-on-1s that much. They're kinda boring. You either win, or you lose. With 8-player, etc. DM it's more exciting and stuff. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Archvile64
I actually don't like 1-on-1s that much. They're kinda boring. You either win, or you lose. With 8-player, etc. DM it's more exciting and stuff. Just my 2 cents.

1-on-1 is 10 times more fun than ffa, especially on the almighty map01.

they both are fun imo, however 1on1 games take a bit more skills than ffa games.

The best 1v1 demo/demo pack I've seen: Anders-vs.-Ocelot/Avsoc-x9.lmp
The best ffa demo I've seen: AdamH vs. Waldon vs. FX vs. Sedlo, 4-way d5m1...I've lost it though...been trying to look for it again

Actually my fun-factor list is something like this, this goes both for playing and demo-watching (some only for demo-watching):

fun-factor type of game (example)
1 uneven 1on1 (me vs ocelot, 5-50 or so)
2 uneven ffa (nightfang with aimbot vs newbies)
5 even ffa (normal ffa with only decent players)
10 even 1on1 (me vs equally decent map1 player)
20 skilled 1on1 (anders vs ocelot, fx vs sedlo...
you get the point..)

I think ffa is more fun, though I want to be good at one on one because it -does- tak more skill. I just want to know I'm capable. I mean, ffa is so easy. In the past ten games, I've never ranked below third, and they've all been at least five person games. I even got first twice.

I prefer ffa because I play Doom for fun, and only for fun, you can call me everything you like in a game, even a cheat, because it means nothing, it's a game, h2h can get more tense as some people look at it as a "who is better?" occasion instead of just a fun game between 2 players, with ffa it don't matter where you finish, and as at restart of next level scores are shown for a fraction of a second, who sees and remembers? And more to the point who cares?

Hey, I didn't know Fod likes FFA more than duals! Nice demos with Vincent, btw. =]

Originally posted by JavaGuy
I think ffa is more fun, though I want to be good at one on one because it -does- tak more skill. I just want to know I'm capable. I mean, ffa is so easy. In the past ten games, I've never ranked below third, and they've all been at least five person games. I even got first twice.

heh

Originally posted by fodders
I prefer ffa because I play Doom for fun, and only for fun, you can call me everything you like in a game, even a cheat, because it means nothing, it's a game, h2h can get more tense as some people look at it as a "who is better?" occasion instead of just a fun game between 2 players, with ffa it don't matter where you finish, and as at restart of next level scores are shown for a fraction of a second, who sees and remembers? And more to the point who cares?

Even though it's only a game, it's a male instinct to compete at pretty much everything they do, even though most, if not all of them are pointless. This goes for everything except for doing well in school for some reason. I've even seen contests where to see who could get the LEAST amount of girlfriends during the year. Of course, if I had been betting money on this I would have won. I've got to be the most naturally unattractive person on this side of the planet.

I've got to be the most naturally unattractive person on this side of the planet.

Nah you ain't seen Pritch yet :)