Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Who else never noticed this? [Scythe 2]

Big S C 2, it looks as S shape sector, middle sector and inverted S shape sector, if thats what you mean.

Either you're referring to the very obvious S, C, and 2 sectors, the sectors that looks like O.O to the right of the 2 sector, or the sectors that look like a B or a 8 to the right.

I am of course referring to the SC2 letters. I think it's a brilliantly subtle effect (heck, it could even have been unintentional!) - because the letters are large and shallow in-game, so they're hardly noticed at all. In fact, if viewed from a different angle (e.g. turn 90 degrees anticlockwise so you face the steps, for instance), they just look like a symmetrical Aztec-style stone pattern in the ground. The letters themselves aren't immediately obvious which is why I was so blown away when I just spotted them - it's been out 6 years and I haven't clocked them once. xP

In fact... *grabs his tinfoil hat*

Holy crap! The acronym SC2, in a more conventional sense, means StarCraft 2! The letters (and number) are the same! And StarCraft 2 was announced in May 2007... almost exactly TWO years AFTER Scythe TWO released! And this hidden message was found in map TWENTY TWO! *ahem* Okay, sorry. There's clearly no congruity in that "conspiracy". At all. :P

I'm more concerned by the disgruntled toad face at the top above the "S", and how it relates to the shrimp-based corridor on the upper right.

Speaking about symbols, I always wondered if there is some hidden meaning in the monster placement on NUTS. Take a look at this:

There is also a hidden face of a pig on the right side of the map!
I rotated it:

You can clearly see its nose and the half closed eyes above. The thing at the bottom could also be a mouth.

This is awesome!

Memfis said:

Take a look at this:

I see the word "scam", "pleb", and what appears to be a wombat getting ready to cross the Australian outback in a digital storm.

In the original Scythe, map30, you can find the name of a tester in one of the secret rooms because that's where he died during his first run of the map... poor bastard. I believe that's meant to be his body there, as well.

Memfis said:

Speaking about symbols, I always wondered if there is some hidden meaning in the monster placement on NUTS. Take a look at this:

As for the monster placement I get nothing on that one, but I can tell you that the structure at the top of the map looks kinda like the head of a Cobra.

Memfis said:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3831/nutsm.png

Oh man, it's a "magic eye" pic of a naked Angelina Jolie!

Spoiler

(I wonder how many eyesights I'll manage to destroy with this.)

Here's something that'll blow your socks off:

If you look at the layout plutionia MAP32 it looks like doom2 MAP01!!!

Gez said:

Oh man, it's a "magic eye" pic of a naked Angelina Jolie!

I just wasted five minutes trying to see if you were right.

Processingcontrol said:

Here's something that'll blow your socks off:

If you look at the layout plutionia MAP32 it looks like doom2 MAP01!!!

You're either being very sarcastic or very dumb.

quick edit: whoa, just noticed this is my 250:th post.

Mithran Denizen said:

And here I thought embedding letters into the map geometry was a tired old gimmick that died out in the nineties...

Far from it. :P

Oh, hey...

DuckReconMajor said:

It's like a hedge maze. You do 'freeze' in ZDoom and try to get through it.

Just hug the left wall and keep going. Reminds me of the secret cow level in Chaos Empire...

DuckReconMajor said:

It's like a hedge maze. You do 'freeze' in ZDoom and try to get through it.

Freeze the monsters before they freeze you, like a bunch of cheap Yakov Smirnoff ripoffs.