Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

Started a new map!

I'm only a couple of hours into the design in DB2 but I am 100% sure I will finish it since I got a good vision of what I want to to be. Will be my first map in 3 years.

(click to embiggen)

The lower slime room has already been redesigned in my head and should look more interesting.

This room is bigger than it is on paper due to some ideas I had while mapping. I have a dam in mind for this room depending on if the slopes look good but think it will look great if I can get the dimensions the way I want.

There will be many gzdoom effects.. especially color lighting which I hope will make a big difference to the atmosphere.

Looks nice. Good use of the qauke textures. Nice drawing too. Graph paper is for more than Math and Job Sites and all the other commercial ses it has.

I like the Quake look; this seems like it'd be cool level to play.

One nitpick: That square texture looks a little overused, making the the different platforms/walls look too similar.

Processingcontrol said:

I like the Quake look; this seems like it'd be cool level to play.

One nitpick: That square texture looks a little overused, making the the different platforms/walls look too similar.

Yes I tried to fix that. Also added some color lights which I have only begun to experiment with. Not sure how best to use them yet. Build work for the room is mostly complete except for the sloped ramps that lead you to the middle platform and the dam behind where the screenshot is taken from.