Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dmdr

EDGE 1.35 Released

it's always a shame to see someone leave a project, but is understandable. hopefully he's not leaving the community.

RIP EDGE. I remember back when it was called DOSDoom and the name change. It's had a good run. Well done to Andrew for maintaining it for so long.

Hooray for EDGE! Doom Resurrection was today's generic zdoom mod before generic zdoom mods existed. Also Andrew rocks socks anyway

fraggle said:

I remember back when it was called DOSDoom and the name change.

Same here, it was actually the first port introducing custom additional weapons. There was a pretty big weaponpack around with even a nuke launcher... that was quite impressive in that time

Ralphis said:

Hooray for EDGE! Doom Resurrection was today's generic zdoom mod before generic zdoom mods existed. Also Andrew rocks socks anyway

Was that the overhyped project with like 500 weapons that died after it released a one-level preview that everyone hated?

I remember Doom Resurrection! I loved the "Super Imps" that shot Cacodemon fireballs. In fact I stole them for a wad of my own that never got done.

The Nuke launcher was a bit naff, mind. The explosion was just the same as the rocket launcher explosion, and then you died, and so did everything else in a huge radius. Also most of the levels were nicked off the Harris Levels.

Still it was good fun at the time.