Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Maintenance Sewers [E1M1]

What happens if you going into the phobos sewers?
Well, the reply to this answer is here!

http://www.mediafire.com/?449xv4mou2jw6dy

Anyway, it's a little (maybe too little, for e1 standards) map made by me (originally planned for Doom: The Way ID Did, but i realized isn't so... Romero-ish) coming out from a sewer place (like in Underhalls) in original knee deep in the dead, so i tried to create a romero style level, and the result of this experiment is this. Told me what do you think...

Tested with chocolate doom 1.5.0 and vanilla doom (v 1.9) and fully works...

Screenshots:

I rather enjoyed it. It did remind me of an E1 style map, although some of the halls seemed a little narrow. It appeared to be balanced enough for me. Overall, I'd say it was pretty fun. I'll have to play through it again and see if I can find the secrets.

Yeah, that was fun. There's a switch that can't be reached in the normal course of play (at least I don't think so). I noclipped to operate it and it opened up that small tunnel near the start area. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it, or am I missing something? (I found the two official secrets).

That was a neat level, really short and sweet. It seems like there's nothing in the smaller secret; is it designed this way?

Mithran Denizen said:

Much better than that shitty E1 sewer map included with the Xbox Doom port.

I doubt anybody with "member" status would be bad enough to make something like that. :p

aldiboronti said:

There's a switch that can't be reached in the normal course of play (at least I don't think so).

It can be reached, you just need to find the correct angle. Demonstration.