Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
General Rainbow Bacon

New Speedmap

This game can feel really weird when playing after not playing for a long time. Its like my brain has no memory of the 'floor ice' effect ever having existed where you keep some momentum after stopping, causing me to fumble all around and completely miss shots. I thought I had autorun on on accident or something.
The level is short and easy, once you realize you can kill the vile immediately after getting the rl. Died on the fda like usual.

Here's a 359 first exit uv max:
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28100765/speedmap7-359-cl9-max-ggg.lmp

Speed might be tricky because a vile is blocking a switch, unless you do it not so speedy.
I think your maps are fun. Simple, no annoying secrets, little floor height (variation tends to look good but play bad due to things like infinitely tall cacodemons and stupid enemies not being able to walk up steps unless the steps are huge).

Sorry, I mean the lowering wall that joins the rocket launcher area to the start area. Arrgh, there's 2 of them, I mean the big square one.

Have you played my demo? In that demo, I press the switch and the wall does not lower.

Wait, I'll make a clearer demo, that one wasn't so clear.

This requires Boom behaviour. The floor won't lower with vanilla behaviour when there's stuff on it. It works OK with -nomonsters.

You should make things like this clear, as people will tend to assume a map works with vanilla behaviour unless they are told otherwise. I've edited your first post accordingly.

Yeah, sorry. I guess I just assume most people use boom. I'll note that stuff in the future.

I usually use boom behavior stuff in my maps.

EDIT: In fact it does open when I play it. And it opened in ggg's demo too.