Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Hi all, I'm ordering KFC for all of you. What would you like?

I'm disappointed there's not some sort of kebab on the menu...

Kid Airbag said:

I'm disappointed there's not some sort of kebab on the menu...

Fuck that, I'm actually relieved to see the absent of goat on the menu.

Danarchy said:

Eeew, fast food.

I did have a pretty terrible meal at McDonalds the last time I was there (about three years ago) but for the most part, fast food neither interests or disgusts me. I never eat at fast food places anymore just because, no matter where you are, there's always a better option.

Fast food chains mostly exist for those of us who don't want to go to the effort of experiencing anything new and/or good.

The best fast food joint I've been to was a mom & pop gyro place, run by a greek family. The food was good and reasonably priced.

The next best place was a chinese food all-u-can-eat buffet place at the mall, run by a young chinese couple. It was a little on the expensive side ($10) but hey it's all you can eat! So I loaded up on shrimp and steamed brocolli.

I'm not real crazy about general fast foods. Taco Bell used to be decent (at least some of their stuff, like the chicken grilled stuffed burrito) but they've been jacking up the prices and getting stingy on the food.

Creaphis said:

I did have a pretty terrible meal at McDonalds the last time I was there (about three years ago) but for the most part, fast food neither interests or disgusts me. I never eat at fast food places anymore just because, no matter where you are, there's always a better option.

Fast food chains mostly exist for those of us who don't want to go to the effort of experiencing anything new and/or good.

I had Mc Donalds for the first time in a few years and it wasn't as bad as I remebered. It's the prices that kill you.

hex11 said:

I'm not real crazy about general fast foods. Taco Bell used to be decent (at least some of their stuff, like the chicken grilled stuffed burrito) but they've been jacking up the prices and getting stingy on the food.

I hate how restaurants are doing that. I ate lunch at KFC yesterday, and I could not believe how small the portions were. The chicken breast fit in the palm of my hand! I pretty much won't buy anything from Fast Food restaurants anymore unless its from the $1 menu.

hex11 said:

The best fast food joint I've been to was a mom & pop gyro place, run by a greek family. The food was good and reasonably priced.

THIS.

Al's Greek Diner here where I love is the best place ever. the food is fantastic. it's better than waffle house that's for sure.

I just had a few pieces of KFC for lunch with some friends, and an hour and a half later, I puked it all up onto my sidewalk. Their gravy also leaves something to be desired.

Mithran Denizen said:

I just had a few pieces of KFC for lunch with some friends, and an hour and a half later, I puked it all up onto my sidewalk. Their gravy also leaves something to be desired.

You gotta man-up that stomach, boi.

Creaphis said:

Actually, I mostly agree with you. I just avoid fast food because I know a lot of good eateries around here which are way better. At the very least, there are about a half dozen authentic teriyaki places in the area where you can get a good-sized meal for less than $10. Like you implied, getting fast food is just stupid and lazy. There are some places that disgust me, though. Like Taco Bell, where I got salmonellosis last time I ate there, and nearly all my friends have contracted it from there at one time or another. Or Popeye's. Whenever I go there, I come with severely lowered standards and still somehow get hugely disappointed.

Also, the like people said before, chain fast food always gives you tiny fucking helpings of food, whereas local eateries always give you AT LEAST what you paid for. For example, this local place that recently opened (which is pretty weird, because it's only open 3 days a week from 7pm-3am, and they only deliver, and the delivery guy comes dressed like a 30s mobster) got me for $7.50 a garlic mushroom burger with at least 3 cloves of garlic on it, plenty of mushrooms, and came with a whole large potato sliced and seasoned with some fuckawesome amazing stuff (they called them mob fried).

I'm thinking about a few pieces of Colonel Sanders but I'm not sure; any way to sample it?

zap610 said:

I'm thinking about a few pieces of Colonel Sanders but I'm not sure; any way to sample it?

Yes. It's so cheap that if you live in a country that has KFC you just go try it.

Fast food is a mixed bag. Sometimes it's garbage, and sometimes it's pretty good. This often depends on my mood. I think I would like it better if those places served beer. Sometimes I really just want to go to McDonald's and have a double Big Mac. Yeah, it's crap, but I do it only a couple times a year and it's surprisingly tasty despite being crap.

Fast food chains are also interesting in different countries. McDonald's in Japan serves things that never appear in North America, but are damn tasty. They also serve familiar things just in case. Same goes for KFC. Then there are local places like MOS Burger. Way better than McDonald's.

i have a place near me (like 5 minutes away near) that is called:
Tun-dor-ee "curry in a hurry"
it's an indian fast food place.
they don't have a large selection (basically 3 or 4 curry sauces with your choice of meat, paneer, bean, vegetable or tofu
and several kinds of pickles/chutneys
with lassi...also the option of getting the curry as a sandwich in naan bread (or the usual with rice and salad thing.)
but it is very good, very cheap, and very fast.
beats the hell out of ever going to any fast food chain (ok, i still hit taco bell now and again when i feel like shitting all day.)

p.s. i am vegetarian so...

zap610 said:

Oh I was talking about eating Colonel Sanders since he was on the menu.

He's been dead 30 years, don't expect to find much meat on the bones.

The Lag said:

p.s. i am vegetarian so...

Indian is really one of the best ways to actually enjoy a vegetarian diet, IMO.

um I guess I'll have the Economy Meal. Will feed me and my pregnant girlfriend (She'll love you for that). Check your PMs for my address

Tell me when you're going to Popeye's. Then I'll care.

Also, does anyone else notice the insane irony of Popeye--a guy who ate spinach specifically to promote healthy, nutritional eating--being the mascot of a fried chicken fast food joint? It's almost cruel.

Processingcontrol said:

No Coke! Pepsi!

What if I told you that I was on a mission from God?

Snakes said:

What if I told you that I was on a mission from God?

You'd be lying because God only drinks Pepsi. Coke is the blood of the innocent.