Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katamori

Compile more WADs! Help me please!

I downloaded 8 texture packs from the Realm667 and I want to merge them into one big resource WAD (like the CC4 official) but when I copy-paste textures and add them to the patch and textures, although there are a lot of textures which doesn't work. When I try to use the "Merge" function of XWe, all of them become glitchy in DB2!

Help me!

Thanks! Can you send me that today/tonight? I can't start mapping until that.

5th Episode Texture Pack
Cage's Texture Pack
Doom Textures for Doom II
Doom Potpourri Texs
Duke Nukem 3D textures*
IDTex Texture Pack
Nightmare Animations Pack
Silver Texture Pack

*If you know any other texture packs which contains city textures, I would thank you apart. :) and if you know, please merge that instead the DN3D texture pack.

I've grabbed the texture packs, though it's past midnight here so I'll see what I can do after I've had some sleep.

GreyGhost said:

I've grabbed the texture packs, though it's past midnight here so I'll see what I can do after I've had some sleep.

No problem. Here's about late afternoon now so I can wait a lot :)

I've found a few significant issues while sorting through the wads...

• Duplicate texture names - most of the Doom1 textures in D1GFXD2.WAD are re-defined in NB_SILV.WAD. I suggest dropping D1GFXD2.WAD.
  • Patches in .png format - DoomPotpourri.wad looks like it's intended for ZDoom, so I might leave it that way. I'll convert the 5 .png patches in IDTex.wad.
  • ANIMDEFS lumps - the lumps in Cage_tex.wad and DoomPotpourri.wad can be copy/paste merged, and if you're not planning to replace the IWAD's animations you'll need definitions for NMTEXT2.WAD.
The only city texture wads I can think of right now are in high resolution, which mightn't be what you're looking for. I'll check if they're available for use.

GreyGhost said:

I've found a few significant issues while sorting through the wads...

• Duplicate texture names - most of the Doom1 textures in D1GFXD2.WAD are re-defined in NB_SILV.WAD. I suggest dropping D1GFXD2.WAD.
  • Patches in .png format - DoomPotpourri.wad looks like it's intended for ZDoom, so I might leave it that way. I'll convert the 5 .png patches in IDTex.wad.
  • ANIMDEFS lumps - the lumps in Cage_tex.wad and DoomPotpourri.wad can be copy/paste merged, and if you're not planning to replace the IWAD's animations you'll need definitions for NMTEXT2.WAD.

Hmm... so these thing made me the problems. Thank you again!

GreyGhost said:

The only city texture wads I can think of right now are in high resolution, which mightn't be what you're looking for. I'll check if they're available for use.

Okay! =)

I've made a start - six wads merged to the point where they're usable in DB2. What's missing is D1GFXD2.WAD (due to the texture naming conflict), IDTex.wad (while I sort out suitable texture names for the patches) and animation definitions for the textures from NMTEXT2.WAD. Many of the Duke 3D textures are also meant to animate but I don't know if I want to go that far.

God damn, it works! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Other ones doesn't matter I think, there are also a lot of textures :)

(animdefs aren't important yet)

It works? I mean - of course it works! :D

Looks like most of the patches in IDTex.wad are meant to be building blocks for textures, so unless there's something in particular you're after - like plumbing for a "Knee-deep in the Sewerage" map - it's probably best skipped. I'll move on to the animations.

Ehm...sorry, but...can you do it again? Because since you sent the WAD, I realized there are too many textures and a lot of them I won't use anymore. So I downloaded the WADs again and I deleted these "useless" textures. Also, I'd like to add sky textures for the good skyboxes.

Here are the files:
http://www.freefilehosting.net/tsuactex

Having fewer patches should make the job a little easier, though I noticed in "Doom Textures for Doom II.wad" a number textures are broken (COMPTILE, COMPUTE3, LITE2, REDWALL1, DOORHI, GRAYDANG, LITE96, LITEMET, LITESTON, SKINBORD & STONGARG), any of those you want to keep?

I'll make a start on them tomorrow.

Please delete every broken things. Those were my mistake, because when I deleted the useless textures, I deleted the patch files only. It might be a lot of broken textures in Duke Nukem 3D textures.

And sorry for the complications, which I cause for you =)

Will do. Duke Nokem's no problem, they're all one-patch textures so I'll just let XWE rebuild the texture lump.

I don't mind the occasional complication, they makes life interesting.

GreyGhost said:

Will do. Duke Nokem's no problem, they're all one-patch textures so I'll just let XWE rebuild the texture lump.

Oh those little miracles makes XWE great :D

GreyGhost said:

I don't mind the occasional complication, they makes life interesting.

Hehe, it's a good philosophy of life.

Here you go, it seemed to take forever to upload. I've defined animations and switches for "Duke Nukem 3D Textures" and "Nightmare Animations Pack" (including shootable glass) but have only had time to test a few of them. Some of the animations in ANIMDEFS also have labels to give you an indication of their function. There's more animations to be added but I'd like to try a few experiments first. In the meantime, could you give me feedback on what works, what doesn't and what could do with tweaking?

Well, as I see, everything works. Mapping will be easier now.

It means, during your work, I'll post the WAD link to the Top Secrets of UAC thread.

Would you mind to write your name to the thread? I've already written it to the "People who help me" section.

Katamori said:

Well, as I see, everything works. Mapping will be easier now.

So I haven't broken anything - good. :-)

Would you mind to write your name to the thread? I've already written it to the "People who help me" section.

I don't mind at all. The project thread is probably the best place to discuss any future changes (now that I've finally worked out what the resource wad is for) instead of having the discussion bounce back and forth between threads.

GreyGhost said:

The project thread is probably the best place to discuss any future changes (now that I've finally worked out what the resource wad is for) instead of having the discussion bounce back and forth between threads.

Yes, I think that too :)