Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

This HUD/statbar is out there somewhere...

I found everything else I was looking for. Now what's on my mind is this statbar that came with, I think, a Doom 1 wad (which I ported into Doom 2). It's black, with numbers that are red and look penciled in (not literally) and symbols behind the numbers like a subtle gray helmet for the armor. Does anybody know what wad this statbar came with? I want it soooo bad....

That's close. It wasn't an armor sprite, though, it was more like a texture. Think I'll get chief.wad just to make me happy in the meantime. Any other takers?

Oh, one other thing was that it didn't have thick borders like that. I do like the one from chief.wad, though. It's pretty cool and will keep me happy until I find what I'm looking for.

That's it EXACTLY. You guys really know your wads around here! I'm so happy. Of course now I'm gonna play around with things like changing the marine face to something else...ah, customization. Ain't nothin' like it.

lupinx-Kassman said:

This is the closest thing that comes to mind. Don't remember what its original source was, but I extracted it from chief.wad

The source might have been oasis.wad (Oasis of Death), but it's hard to say for sure. The TXT file doesn't mention the status bar, only that it has new custom graphics.