Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Plutonia 2 Demos [-complevel 4]

AconyX1 said:

I give up, 10:30 is best time I can get. However, under 10 minutes is possible I believe. :)

Yes, an overwhelming majority of all existing max records in the 10-13 minute range can be pushed down to 9:XX at least, including your 10:30.00 demo. But anyway, good job!

And sometimes I also thought that I nearly reached my personal optimum time on some map, but a few hours/days/months later, with fresh head, I pulled out a significant improvement over it without too much trouble (such as on Requiem MAP24). So maybe you'll manage to bring your max even lower, when you'll be in the mood for it :-)

Plutonia 2 MAP29 UV-Max in 22:51

15:45 faster than the actual record. Aggressive play again. I had terrible luck at times and great luck at others.

Another map that people don't seem to care much.

Edit: reuploaded attachment with my name on the textfile which I had forgotten.

p2292251.zip

1ntru said:

Plutonia 2 MAP29 UV-Max in 22:51

Thank you for recording my 2nd favorite PL2 level! Your radical improvements over long maxes are always fun to watch.

SAV88 said:

Thank you for recording my 2nd favorite PL2 level! Your radical improvements over long maxes are always fun to watch.

I have no words to say how thankful I am. (:

Also, I can't believe MAP32 is that much glitched. I wanted to make a max on it so bad. It would be a really great map speedrunning-wise.

1ntru: I am the one who is really thankful here, thank you for your effort over map29! I am going to watch your demo as soon as possible.
Qataar: Your map 11 run was breathtaking. I have never expected this map to be recorded so quickåy and aggresively, thank you for that, man! :-)

Actually I forget to post another 2 demos of the PL2-28-1618 run, which is a failure run and invalid uv max with a ghost monster seen. Anyway never mind, j4rio just finished a "yourmom.wad" map.

New Plutonia map finished 2 days ago! Plutonia 2 map27 - Red Hot(UV Max) by 7:34.

Time done get be better for more good infighting produced. Anyway I am pleased that I beat the 1st run of Tendamonsta who use 7:55.

pl2-27-734.zip

Nice demos Daiyu_Xiaoxiang!

I was a little surprised about that pl2 map10 run. I think it's possible to do this under 5:00 so maybe you'll give it another try?

Absolutely well worth seeing was your 16:18 in map28 Bloodwall! The way you catch that rocket from the cyberlord in the big hall at the end was so pathetic. I've watched the demo 2 times, it's great.

Thanks Pa11y, I can try to see if I can get below 5 minutes at PL2 map10 if I have enought time.

Also thanks for that PL2 map28 run. Actually I was quite nervous when playing that part, I always worried of being killed after playing for so long time.

SAV88 said:

Nice, solid max run. But I think you can do it faster and easier (maybe even in under 10 minutes)

here it is

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map33 uv-max 08:51*

pl233-851.zip

1ntru said:

Also, I can't believe MAP32 is that much glitched. I wanted to make a max on it so bad. It would be a really great map speedrunning-wise.

what kind of trouble has the map? I remember I saw an old uvmax of tatsurd for it, with regular 100% kills o.ò

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map33 uv-max 08:41*

now the map hates me, burned dying in stupid ways a couple of times with some perfect first parts. Even doing so, it's not predictable how the cyber infights, so maybe that won't bring the time much lower anyway

btw dew was perfectly right! right now I'm jumping from 1 map to another, without full wads to play and the quality of the runs increased I guess
my problem is that I'm actually a very bad player, takes forever to do some runs like I wish sometimes, bet would take 5min to a couple of doomers to get a sub8 here for example. My thanks to the two of you who motivated me when I was in one of the quitting-mood moments :P

pl233-841.zip

blob1024 said:

my problem is that I'm actually a very bad player, takes forever to do some runs like I wish sometimes

Many of the best players have the same feeling. Due to specialities of Doom's random number generator, achieving truly masterful results is often unthinkable without gigantic grind needed to utilize godly luck.

Like Edison said: "Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration."

Speedrunning is one area in particular where dogged persistence is the single most important quality that one can have, but I agree with the Edison quote in general. One of my university profs believed that Charles Darwin was actually of no more than average intelligence, but it was his insatiable obsession with pigeons (seriously, read Origin) that led him to eventually come up with a theory to explain their differences.

One quote came to my mind after thinking about speedrunning:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Paska said:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

ehhe my fav description of the word ;)

Even greater insanity: doing very slightly different things over and over again and expecting the same outcome each time.

blob1024 said:

what kind of trouble has the map? I remember I saw an old uvmax of tatsurd for it, with regular 100% kills o.ò

You might be mistaking this map for another. In Plutonia 2 MAP32, numerous monster fail to teleport (something like 15~20, can't remember exactly) and numerous ghost monsters are created thanks to a failed crushing ceiling. Give the map a go and you will see it!

Pl2.wad | Plutonia 2
map33 uv-max 08:19*

I'll leave sub8 to skilled players, if anyone wants to, with latest tactic changes its doable. but sub 8 and half is what I wanted for now, maybe in future if I demotivate myself with new levels and want to return here who knows ;P and thanks TGH for the map.

pl233-819.zip