Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

If someone upsets you, do all of your FB friends harass the person?

Hopefully this belongs here and not in the blog topic.

This is an old story, but I upset someone off FB, so their friends all jump on me via FB. It seems a little silly and juvinile right especially since everyone is in their late 20s to late 30s.

I'm thinking that all of these friends are really most or all 6 people. Maybe this is just 1 person that wants to keep me talking to her in one way or another. Maybe one friend or 2, but 6?

Does this really happen or is it just me? Will a whole bunch of friends in their late 20s and 30s just jump in and threaten you via FB in a variety of ways?

Oh yeah me too. I've got more horrifying FB stories, maybe I'll tell them later. I rarely go on due to how much drama it can cause.

3 swooped in and blocked me seconds after their messages. So threaten me... then block me so I can't report them. FB is a lil messed up there. Plus I can't block them with them blocking me, so they can unblock me, write again and block me. What BS :-)

I wasn't even friends with them to begin with.

Ya I know. Since then I just blocked everyone and disabled all the permissions so no one not a friend could write me.

FB allows dicks to say shit they'd be too yellow to say to your face. FB can show how much of a coward someone can really be.

Technician didn't say:
The internet allows dicks to say shit they'd be too yellow to say to your face. The internet can show how much of a coward someone can really be.

Fixed for truth++.

Crush your enemy, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women!

geo said:

Ya I know. Since then I just blocked everyone and disabled all the permissions so no one not a friend could write me.

Well, that privacy setting is on by default...

lupinx-Kassman said:

I wouldn't know. I despise facebook, for this and other reasons.

If people can write on your wall that aren't your friends, you need to seriously to fix your privacy settings. Lock it down so that ONLY friends have any kind of access to your profile.

geo said:

Does this really happen or is it just me? Will a whole bunch of friends in their late 20s and 30s just jump in and threaten you via FB in a variety of ways?

Given your talent for attracting crazies it's probably just you. Seriously though, it's ridiculous the way people who should be old enough to know better can revert to a grade school playground mindset when communicating via the internet.

The default setting is friends of friends can message you. Seeing as how they were friends of my friend, that was the problem. These people weren't writing on my wall, they were sending me FB messages, which are only for me to see where as wall posts are public :-)

Stop inviting/accepting every Peter, Dick, and Johnson to be your friend. I've never had an experience even remotely close to this.

I only have 25 people on my FB. Most of them are family.

AndrewB said:

Stop inviting/accepting every Peter, Dick, and Johnson to be your friend. I've never had an experience even remotely close to this.

Same here. Facebook is not a popularity contest. I loved facebook at first, then I hated it when I had 300 friends, then I started a new one and I'm much better off keeping a closely knit group of friends on my list only. Also I don't feel obligated to check my facebook every 45 seconds that way too. 3 days go by and I'm still reading the same statuses.

This reminds me of a silly thing that happened to me on Facebook just today, actually. An old friend of mine who has been having a lot of issues with her husband and was separated for a while, changed her relationship status to married again because I guess they're working things out. Well, I commented on it that I though it was a bad idea, and he gets on there and starts bitching me out and that I need to mind my own business (not in so many words, there were plenty of pointless insults strewn in there).

This is, of course, after many MANY years ago when they first got together and he, being a jealous coward, got on her IM account and bitched me out for talking to her and made all kinds of death threats if I ever talked to her again. I wish at the time I had the thick skin and trolling ability I do now.

Either way. Sorry to say, but if it's on the internet, it's public. People are going to give their opinion on things that are public whether you like it or not. To all you internet tough guys, you're just gonna have to get over it!

Me, I'm just going to move on. She's pretty dumb for staying with the guy, but definitely isn't my problem.

hex11 said:

Crush your enemy, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women!

Yeaahh!! The best in life!

@Nomad: I think it was 2007 where I had 4 dates with women that turned out to be married. They didn't tell me before the dates, but on or after the dates. They still asked for more dates. One girl I stopped talking to for like 4 or 5 months because she lied about her age and having a husband. After those 4 or 5 months of silence, her husband called me. He was looking through phone bills of hers. I was with a new gf at the moment and let him have it pretty bluntly.

As for FB drama, I've inadvertently caused it a few times as rare as I go on.

1. Someone commented on a friend's profile that if he had a rose for every time he thought of her, he'd have an endless garden. My jerk self thought I'd be funny to say, "are you lost? Would an exit sign help?" So she wrote me a day later. He had thought that I was implying his love wasn't real... because they had been dating 3 months, but neither of them said they were dating on their statuses. Long story short, they broke up because of it. I tried to write the guy an appology, but I couldn't send it.

2. I have a pregnant friend (actually 6 pregnant friends in 2011), she posted a comment for one of her pics saying "my body is a fun house mirror." I said something like a hot fun house mirror. Then I realized... she's still living with the father, I should delete the comment before it causes drama. So I did, the next day I get a text asking if I deleted the comment, because the comment was removed he thought she removed it to hide something with me and that created drama.

So now I just avoid saying anything on FB.

Speaking of FB, one of my friends on there had a clown themed birthday party for her grandpa and holy shit I now have a FEAR of clowns. Before I could care less, now I just want to run and hide from the pics.

geo said:

3 swooped in and blocked me seconds after their messages. So threaten me... then block me so I can't report them. FB is a lil messed up there. Plus I can't block them with them blocking me, so they can unblock me, write again and block me. What BS :-)

Just screenshot the messages next time this happens and email it to FB. Tell them about the loophole they are using also.

As for FB and any sort of "social networking" the whole thing is a joke. Its just like the stupid popularity contests in middle school and high school. When ever I tried to use FB or Myspace I'm quickly reminded how stupid humanity has become.