Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Music that's so bad it's not so bad anymore

After watching the highlights of the Eurovision Song Contest aired last night, while most of it is just plain awful it got me thinking about music which is so utterly terrible that it manages to smash through a auditory and psychological pain barrier and weirdly becomes tolerable, if not listenable or even likable.

Alternatively, just call them "guilty pleasure songs" for simplicity or if you actually think it's not all that bad but would never admit to it amongst your peers IRL ;). Bonus points for the inclusion of an accompanying cheesy and/or camp promo video, depending on what you find applicable to post in this thread according to your tastes.

I'm obliged to make a start:-

Yeah I know, there's something wrong with me

Mostly some old 80s tunes. I kind of have a thing for synthpop.

Yeah, I like the Rickroll.

Fast Food Rockers wat. What the hell did I watch. Oh god what.

In the same vein as most of the vids in the OP, I like this song for some reason:

This is some mash-up of the 80's "classic" Spin Me Right Round and a Dannii Minogue song. Apparently Dannii is the sister of Kylie (yes, I looked this up). Pure cheese, but once it gets stuck in your head the only solution is to burn it out (IE, play it enough times that you get sick of it).

I have tons of "guilty pleasure" songs/bands/artists, but they`re not so bad that they are good. They ARE good, it`s just that they are so called guilty pleasures `cause of my...uhm...friends...or whats it called again...my social circle.

Mr. T said:

Friday Friday

I was waiting to see how long it was before somebody mentioned this song.

Krispavera said:

the dutch.

Heh, I think that wins the thread thus far. Found a translation for the lyrics, too.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Hey, I genuinely like this song >:|.

Sorry man. Though if it makes you feel any better his eponymous single contributed to the soundtrack of my early adolescence.

Mr. T said:

Friday Friday

God how could I overlook that one. Also, let's include it's nemesis:-

Perhaps not so much "so bad it's good" as just shit. I'm breaking my own rules here.

darkreaver said:

I have tons of "guilty pleasure" songs/bands/artists, but they`re not so bad that they are good. They ARE good, it`s just that they are so called guilty pleasures `cause of my...uhm...friends...or whats it called again...my social circle.

Poser fag. ;P

darkreaver said:

they are so called guilty pleasures `cause of my...uhm...friends...or whats it called again...my social circle.

So do you like Dead Kennedys or is that a social circle thing?

40oz said:

Only on Friday Friday

40oz said:

It actually Donkey Kong now. Nintendo kinda went all out with the "It's on like Donkey Kong" trademark thing.

DoomUK said:

God how could I overlook that one. Also, let's include it's nemesis:-

Perhaps not so much "so bad it's good" as just shit. I'm breaking my own rules here.

No, those songs are so bad they're bad.

40oz said:

No I hate them I`m just using the avatar just in case someone from my social circle stops by DW and sees my posts

Actually, this is so bad that it's past the point of being so bad it's good, thus reverting to just being bad again. But hey, it's a bad music thread, so I have an excuse to post this garbage that I made when I may or may not have been stoned out of my mind (totally not implying anything here)

DoomUK said:

You, sir, have just lost all qualifications as a human being in my eyes. Scatman John is in no way, shape or form bad.

Also, neither are Madonna, Rick Astley (overplayed memes aside) or Slayers music (hating on Japanese things was a stupid fad when it started, it only got stupider since),