Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been playing this the last few days and having a lot of fun, too. I think this game will have staying power on PC as long as Splash Damage support it.

I haven't settled on a build or weapon combo yet outside of playing as an engineer. I've found most of the weapons have their uses and can vary greatly depending on what attachments you use. I've had a lot of success using the pump shotgun with the Tampa, the smallest SMG. The Tampa has the fastest draw time of any SMG and is a great backup for when you run out of shotgun shells. Also slide tackling people never gets old. :p

Hoping one of the weapons in the upcoming DLC pack is a shotgun for light body types. I'd love to slide around with a double barrel shotgun.

Snarboo said:

Hoping one of the weapons in the upcoming DLC pack is a shotgun for light body types. I'd love to slide around with a double barrel shotgun.

I don't. I dont want to have to deal with people doing that all over the place.
The light body type is dangerous enough as it is.

kristus said:

I don't. I dont want to have to deal with people doing that all over the place.
The light body type is dangerous enough as it is.

I've actually noticed that people playing the light class tend to have the longest life spans in the game, probably due to all the freedom of movement it grants. I can't even begin to describe how many times I've evaded death by wall jumping and sliding into cover. Plus there are some amazing sniping places only the light class can really even access such as the ventilation shaft on the aquarium map. It's like the opposite of the heavy where you only become God as long as your teammates constantly feed you a steady stream of health buffs

Yeah, you can do some great ninja ashun with the light caracter. Coupled with the fact that he's always got a pistol as a second weapon. He's always equipped with the stabby stab knife. So he's a bit of a one man army. I don't think there's anything wrong with that though. I think the balance is very nicely tuned. But adding a deadly close combat weapon like a shotgun to the light character would definitely fuck with that balance.

I wouldn't mind seeing some changes to some of the maps when they release the DLC, especially Container City which is like the 2forts of Brink. You'll rack up kills but the game's constantly either in a total stalemate or stacked in the resistance's favor.

Grabbing the sample is especially bad since the only way to gain access to it is by running through a large open courtyard that's surrounded by catwalks. As long as the Resistance camps that area, there's literally no way Security can even get remotely close to the sample.

Last time I played it in Objective as a security we steam rolled over the first two objectives with 20 minutes left to spare when we got to the part where we needed to grab the sample. Resistance held the area for that entire 20 minutes and the furthest we were able to get the sample was like 5 feet away from the container.

Some alternative means to get into the container, such as say a hole in the roof, or hell, even a bit of cover in the courtyard would go a long way.

Security Tower, Terminal, and Reactor are pretty fun maps though, and the security victory ending for the missile mission ending is pretty entertaining as well

Spoiler

You try to program the missile to detonate harmlessly over the water and accidentally cause it to detonate right next to a friendly chopper instead

Oh yeah. Container city is a pain when the resistance doesn't suck. There's so much going on and so many nooks and crannies that they can hide. A camper's heaven.

This game is like digital crack or something because I can't stop playing it. :p

I decided to "double dip" as an operative for my first character since it compliments the engineer nicely and I didn't want all the general perks. It's funny how much of a complete asshole you can be as an operative. I find caltrop grenades are a great way to slow people down at choke points or objectives, and downing a couple guys with a cortex bomb will never get old. However, keep in mind that enemies can see you in disguise if they have the "combat intuition" perk and you aim directly at them.

Also if you're thinking about rolling a new character, here's an easy way to get them up to level 20 in 2 hours:

This might be fixed later, so use at your own risk.

Snarboo said:

This game is like digital crack or something because I can't stop playing it. :p

I decided to "double dip" as an operative for my first character since it compliments the engineer nicely and I didn't want all the general perks. It's funny how much of a complete asshole you can be as an operative. I find caltrop grenades are a great way to slow people down at choke points or objectives, and downing a couple guys with a cortex bomb will never get old. However, keep in mind that enemies can see you in disguise if they have the "combat intuition" perk and you aim directly at them.

Also if you're thinking about rolling a new character, here's an easy way to get them up to level 20 in 2 hours:

This might be fixed later, so use at your own risk.

alternatively just play campaign coop. 1 game of campaign coop usually = 5k-8k xp

Heh, this reminds me of how people would stat pad in ETQW just to get their e-peen stroked. You didn't have any actual benefit to the stats, just a fancy page where it told everyone how much of a geek you really were. Here it's at least giving you something in return. But I'm more inclined to actually playing the game and enjoying the new upgrades I get as I earn them.

I was just about to make mention of that. I still don't like the art style on the characters or the color scheme (the latter of which made me extra-surprised to hear that it runs on iD Tech IV; it certainly doesn't have the feel to it), but the gameplay and tactical(albeit hampered by super regenerating health mode) objective-based feel have quite a bit of drawing power over me. Now if only I had the spare money and access to this desktop for more of the year, I'd pick it up.

Xeros612 said:

(albeit hampered by super regenerating health mode)

I was worried about this too at first, but honestly it doesn't have much impact on the game. Yes, you regenerate health, but it's so slow that it's negligible when you have five guys firing on you. Medics are surprisingly viable thanks to the generous buffs they hand out. Brink also rewards you for doing the opposite of most shooters by encouraging rapid movement and evasion rather than crouching behind cover.

Damn, I want this even more after that video. However, I find it odd he mentioned Quake 4 when it came to the IDTech IV rather than Doom 3, even though he may of been just trying to relate to Quake Wars, which by the way I'll think I'll play now as I wallow in the fact I do not have Brink yet, but then again, he said wait a bit, which is probably the better option.

Snarboo said:

I was worried about this too at first, but honestly it doesn't have much impact on the game. Yes, you regenerate health, but it's so slow that it's negligible when you have five guys firing on you. Medics are surprisingly viable thanks to the generous buffs they hand out. Brink also rewards you for doing the opposite of most shooters by encouraging rapid movement and evasion rather than crouching behind cover.

You got regen health but it takes time for it to start regenerating. You still have to have medics with you or you will lose hard.

Kind of disappointing that both campaigns and "What if?" missions total up to only 7 hours of gameplay, but overall it's a hell of a lot of fun. Only lost two matches in those 7 hours, and I've managed to do pretty damn well for myself with the heavy body type, that one machine gun (not the M60 or gatling gun, but the other one; I forget its name)and various secondaries. Anyone else find the parkour thing easier to do manually than with the SMART button?