Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Twilight: Explained (Have you Seen this?)

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

Well, now I know why girls went gaga over this apeshit. I think I'm going to try and read it... And if I end up disliking it to an extreme point, I will stand up in front of my Amer. Lit. class, say

"This is the most shitty Book I have ever read."

And throw it out the door.

If I like it... I won't tell anyone.

My sister was a twilight fanatic for a couple of months, but after a while she started getting into other vampire-romance series which were likely just as bad (if not worse) but you never hear about them because they aren't as popular. It got annoying after a while, though around my parts it's mostly died off... I haven't heard anyone mention twilight in at least months.

I heard the production quality on the twilight film was terrible. I'd watch it to laugh at it, but I don't think that qualifies as a safe thing to do.

I've seen the first two films, and actually somewhat enjoyed them, even though the twilight fans I know say the first movie is "terrible".

InsanityBringer said:

I heard the production quality on the twilight film was terrible. I'd watch it to laugh at it, but I don't think that qualifies as a safe thing to do.

Edward Cullen sparkles when he's in sunlight.
He literally sparkles in sunlight.

I don't know, when seen from outside, the plot of a vampire sounds cool nonetheless. I could care less about relationships though.

I'll stick with the vampires that were badass, sucked blood, burned in sunlight, used women, and were monsters. Like the Count. None of this pretty boy crap.

PRIMEVAL said:

I'll stick with the vampires that were badass, sucked blood, burned in sunlight, used women, and were monsters. Like the Count.

Clonehunter said:

My vote goes to Blade personally. Even though I think he's just half-vampire right? Still, my vote on him.

Blade isn't really a vampire. He can go in the sun, isn't immortal, and is immune to silver and garlic. He's as much as a vampire as Edward Cullen is.

So Twilight is popular because it's like Duke Nukem for women (Blank character which gets to act out the most base of fantasies).

if you don't count all the ancient mythological crap, the first modern vampire wasn't the count, but a lesbian that could walk through walls.

TheDarkArchon said:

So Twilight is popular because it's like Duke Nukem for women (Blank character which gets to act out the most base of fantasies).

I never want to hear you talking about Duke Nukem that way again D:<

Also:

Nice derailment, it was natural to happen here.

Danarchy said:

[picture]

Oh yeah, Graf Zahl.

I find it quite amusing that, although Twilight is a runaway success, I've yet to encounter anybody saying good things about it. I must choose my friends/browsing well.

I hear teenage girls say it all the time. Then again, I work in a bookstore frequented by teenagers.

There's a website / forum that documents all Twilight related crime and violence. My cousin and her friends love the book. I had a date with someone that I should have avoided the Twilight discussion. She became a loon talking about it.

COMICON

Oh yeah and I went to a Chicago Comicon 2 years ago that had New Moon stars from the movie. They had a room of 1,000 seats filled by a mere 200 women. At the beginning they asked how many were men. 20 guys out of 200. Then how many men read the stories... 5 guys.

The male stars pretty much burried the books and laughed at the series... while the women in the crowd were swooning and laughing with them even though they were insulting the franchise and its fans.

My female friend and I left 5 or so minutes into it. We were trying to wait for a Marvel Panel or something and just couldn't take it.

WALMART

A few years ago, I was at a ghetto Walmart with my gf at the time, buying diapers for a baby shower raffle the next day. We were there at midnight, because we had forgot about it until then. There was this line from the back of the store to the front full of African Americans wearing black. We started asking why everyone was there... oh the midnight release of Twilight on DVD. I've never seen black goths before, let alone a few hundred of them.