Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Du Mhan Yhu

Glorious Mission

I don't know if anyone else has seen this.. It's a FPS china developed. A Call of Duty type game where Americans are the enemy. Have I been living under a rock or is this a first?

It looks as if their military are serious about it.

http://youtu.be/KLY7GyxDmR4

Well, it's better then playing StarCraft 24/7... But only slightly...

Actually I take that back, StarCraft at least will prepare you for the alien race that will kill you and suck your brains out, this is just a really bland looking shooter

I really hope Yahtzee does a review of this when it comes out. At least they aren't afraid to try something...new, I guess.
EDIT: Just realized the description says it probably won't be commercialized.

caco_killer said:

Oh look, Asians being xenophobic.

What, like the enemies in American war FPSes are so racially varied? These types of games are xenophobic by their very nature, you just notice it more with Asians because their xenophobia is directed against you.

skaman86 said:

Yeah according to this guy the game was never meant to be leaked outside of China.

http://youtu.be/nd5YOEN5R6c

That guy is a dumbass. There's no "crossing the line." if it works as a game it's valid. That said, it looks like a boring game -- just like CoD. *goes to play Minecraft*

Solarn said:

What, like the enemies in American war FPSes are so racially varied? These types of games are xenophobic by their very nature, you just notice it more with Asians because their xenophobia is directed against you.

Or because Chinese Xenophobia goes back thousands of years. Also nice framerate in the video.

Solarn said:

China shouldn't incriminate the nation that sucks it's cock, should it?

Yay, another pseudo-realistic* modern borefare military shooter. This one just happens to have a slightly controversial hook to it's premise. Srsly, yawn.

*EDIT: Oops, just noticed that it's a tactical shooter. Oh well, same difference. Still bores the shit out of me.

DoomUK said:

Yay, another pseudo-realistic* modern borefare military shooter. This one just happens to have a slightly controversial hook to it's premise. Srsly, yawn.

*EDIT: Oops, just noticed that it's a tactical shooter. Oh well, same difference. Still bores the shit out of me.

I think it has more to do with the fact that wasn't supposed to be released outside of China that has people a little on edge about it. Also the fact that they had a shit load of soldiers in a room playing it almost like it was some kind of training exercise or something.

I wonder if that might be the future of war (when the cost of oil makes sending an invasion force prohibitively expensive), teams of highly trained cyber-warriors slugging it out in a virtual battlefield. Much more civilised than exchanging salvos of ballistic missiles.

Craigs said:

Or because Chinese Xenophobia goes back thousands of years. Also nice framerate in the video.

So? Does that make it somehow worse than American xenophobia, which only goes back a few hundred? Or Arabic xenophobia, which goes back a few hundred more? Or European xenophobia, which goes back about one millenium, give or take a few centuries?

Stupidity is the same everywhere, no matter its pedigree.

Craigs said:

Also the fact that they had a shit load of soldiers in a room playing it almost like it was some kind of training exercise or something.

Wasn't America's Army basically supposed to be a recruiting/training tool?

Danarchy said:

Wasn't America's Army basically supposed to be a recruiting/training tool?

Yep, except in that game I think the enemy is just dubbed "OPFOR".

Anyway, America's Army and Glorious Mission obviously pale in comparison to the ultimate real combat simulator. This.

Craigs said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that wasn't supposed to be released outside of China that has people a little on edge about it. Also the fact that they had a shit load of soldiers in a room playing it almost like it was some kind of training exercise or something.

Why don't we train soldiers like that? I can just imagine a bunch of Navy Seals playing Black Ops in a room together, using it for Full Scale training. I would love to join the army if that's how it worked.

Clonehunter said:

Why don't we train soldiers like that?

Because video games don't train you to shoot guns.

Quast said:

Because video games don't train you to shoot guns.

Funny becasue the media wants the audience to believe the exact opposite.

Oh fuck off "Xenophobia" you commie shitabbers. It's only a game.

Speaking of which whatever happened to the Palestinian-developed "Intifada Doom"? *joke about fireWALLs blocking it goes here*

Playing this kind of shooting games is just common in armed forced of China, liberation armies may play, even polices may play. Here are some proves:

Polices playing CS:

Some liberation armies playing CS, I translate the words the pictures below:

Because of this CS game,

So playing this game,

We need the forces to adapt in modern buildings and future of China,

We can bring them to get interest and loves of computers,

As well as exercise,

Like playing this CS game.

And this link as a prove too, the headline says "Liberation Army play CS for reinforce of military exercies".

http://big5.china.com/gate/big5/tuku.military.china.com/military/html/2011-04-07/170385_1722267.htm

I don't think it's anything weird for China developing a game killing US armies. Most Chinese in Mainland just hate US, liberation armies get their rights from Hu Jintao as well as communists of fuck US, Japan and Taiwan one day. Sorry for my poor english.

deathbringer said:
It's only a game.

This simplistic notion underscores the pleasure inducing aspects of a cultural object, presenting it as a passive and innocent item. With a repetitive imperative, we therefore assume beforehand that anything it says or does will not be influential or will not be taken seriously by anyone. Tell me if that isn't a rather convenient way to try to sell things and to get away with various forms of indoctrination.

But it's obvious that the case in question goes beyond the nature of "mere entertainment," as like that game the US Army publishes, it's directly used as a propaganda and accustoming device.

skaman86 said:

Really?.. Are you serious?

Would you have nuked Berlin in the 1930s if you had the chance?

skaman86 said:

Really?.. Are you serious?

If you had the chance, would you have bombed Berlin in the 1930s?