Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueEagle

[Release 1.3] Unloved (GZdoom mapset)

Karnage said:

Having carved my way through the majority of Map03 on UV, I must say, damn! Map03 is miles harder, I gotta say I am not a fan of unavoidable monster closets and front to back teleport traps with zero warning. Even after dying several times and knowing when they where going to show up, several of them are completely unavoidable. Specifically the two Pinky's at the stairs. Kinda left a sour taste after getting caught 3 or 4 times there with only a shotty. As for the final area with the Yellow key, as far as I can tell utterly impossible on UV. Perhaps I missed a secret or something, but damn man. I had to IDDQD to beat it.

My tactic for the yellow key room: grab the key, rush back to the beginning of the graveyard (by this time, the bars along the path have probably lowered) and hide behind the cross-shaped headstone to the left of the entrance (if you're looking at it from the graveyard). No monsters can get to you there, but all of them will still try, making you able to safely kill the revenants. The imps, demons and golems likely won't pose a problem after that.

well if this episode took place in a house/basement.... than perhaps the future episode can be in a graveyard, and include the grave keepers house/shack, just a few random ideas..

The ending in this mod must the the weirdest or creepiest ending ever. It gives nothing more but unanswerable questions.

What's the correct sector lighting mode for this mod, anyway? I use "DOOM," but it's insanely dark. But maybe it's supposed to be.

I use Standard, it's still very dark in some spots though. I took the flashlight out of d3weap.wad and used that to help on a second play.

What is the hub song? I've been trying to find it for quite some time. Also which aphex twin song is used for when you wake up in the cradle? Talking about the map called "lost childhood" or "forgotten childhood" ?

BTW great wad. One of my long time favourites. Replayed again and again.

Thanks.

is this what you mean by the hub song? im not entirely sure what it's called, but it's from silent hill 2.

and here's the childhood song: aphex twin - jynweythek

also hi 'registered only to make 1 post' :U

I have one complaint. The grave bugged for me the first two times. Unfortunately, I don't know why it happened, maybe it has to do something with my system (gzdoom freezes every now and then for 1 or 2 seconds), but since there was also no "red line" on the automap, I assumed that the grave simply is a dead end, therefore i wasn't able to finnish the game, but it worked now and I'm going to play through until the end :)

I like the concept a lot and how you used the safe house as a hub to go into the other twisted and hellish levels. I've heard about this concept before but it's the first time I see it happening in Doom 2 ^^

As I said, the grave bug might be a special case with me :D

PS: I wished there was more rocket ammo in the red skull room to deal with the archviles. I just ran away there :D

I didn't know this gem existed until today. Wow...atmosphere, music, detail, jump scares, Silent Hill elements...this one has everything nailed SO well it's amazing...and that ending was very creepy. I never imagined someone could capture Silent Hill's spirit so well using the Doom engine. 10/10

This mod was fantastic! Except when I couldn't figure out where to go halfway through and spent two nights running around to the other maps until I found that one door I forgot to look in XD

By the way, I was listening to NPR the other day and that Aphex Twin childhood song was playing during one of the story transitions. Freaked me the hell out.