Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

A Look Into the Past

That link didn't work for me. I guess it needs javascript-capable browser. Oh well. Anyway, I remember visiting doomworld around 1999-2000 and downloading the MP2 soundtracks. Back then I used the xdoom port (then later lxdoom), and this review website was my favorite bookmark:
http://games.moria.org.uk/doom/du/
It hasn't been updated in years though. Lots of other sites are also either abandoned or disappeared (AOL homepages, geocities, etc.)

I used to lurk around Doomworld back when the old forums were up, but I wasn't a member and rarely visited them anyways. Seems like a lot of Doomworld memes and such started with the old forums. When I think about it, I wish I would have signed up sooner. Doomers ball shit snakes, damnit.

hex11 said:

I guess it needs javascript-capable browser.

I don't think so. I can access it even with NoScript enabled.

Graf Zahl said:

I don't think so. I can access it even with NoScript enabled.

Oh you're right. It works if I type in the redirection URL on that page instead of clicking on "Impatient?" My browser (Links 2.2) also doesn't support style sheets so it's probably getting confused because that link is embedded inside a class tag.

Hey, looks like SLIGE 400 is out. :D

hex11 said:

Back then I used the xdoom port (then later lxdoom), and this review website was my favorite bookmark:
http://games.moria.org.uk/doom/du/
It hasn't been updated in years though. Lots of other sites are also either abandoned or disappeared (AOL homepages, geocities, etc.)

oh yes. that was my source for wads too.

this is really cool I was only 4/5 years old in 1998 so I couldn't access doomworld :P wich is a shame.