Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anima Zero

Vanguard demos [-complevel 9]

DSDA page

Did a couple UV-Maxes for the newly released and very nice wad Vanguard.

Map 5 in 2:34
Map 7 in 1:17

Map 5 might be improvable, but it's a real pain to max sometimes. Either something goes horribly wrong and you die or one/two enemies somehow escape the carnage and ruin the run.

Map 7 though went pretty dang well. Gotta love how that cybie got killed from infighting. Don't think this one will be improved anytime soon from me.

vgdemos.zip

Edited by Maribo

Your MAP07 demo was pretty stunning. I bet that level is fun to play. I took a quick look at every level on this wad and it looks pretty good. I might do some tablefillers for them anytime soon.

Map01 UV-Max in 1:00

This was a little annoying to do because my computer now lags during the first ~15 seconds of recording. :(

vg01-100.zip

Memfis said:

Map01 UV-Max in 1:00

This was a little annoying to do because my computer now lags during the first ~15 seconds of recording. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I had a 1:17 recorded for this level that I was close to posting before I noticed your run :P.

On the plus side, I did record one other UV-Max that I'll post.

Map 10 in 8:11

Might be possible to get this under 8 minutes.

Also I knocked myself down to 1% health at one point in the demo, whee.

vg10-811.zip

Ok, this MAP13 is a really short and fun map. Since it's very easy as well I decided to try it on UV-Fast to spice things up a little bit.

BUT WHY THE HELL MONSTERS ALWAYS FAIL TO TELEPORT IN THIS COOL MAP???

vg13-fda.zip

map04 uv-speed in 0:53

improving on that trick i demonstrated in the release thread. shouldn't be too hard to improve.

vg04-053.zip

I just got 8:05 Uv-max on map 10 but I missed a monster. I took quite a different route from yours Anima (nice run btw). I will share when I get a proper 100%

Here is MAP12 UV-Max in 8:41, the hardest level in the mapset.

It's a really good time considering how tough this map is.

Aggressive gameplay as usual. (:

vg12-841.zip

Got this in 15 minutes, shouldn't be hard to beat

Challenge accepted
map05 uv-pacifist in 0:36

Nice to see 12 max done so early. I thought everybody would avoid the hardest map until it is the last undone one. :)

vg05p036.zip

not bad at all. :) smoother movement could cut another two or three secs, but it might become a hassle. anyways...

map10 uv-speed in 2:23

vg10-223.zip

1ntru said:

Here is MAP12 UV-Max in 8:41, the hardest level in the mapset.

It's a really good time considering how tough this map is.

Aggressive gameplay as usual. (:

I can't have perfect demos. And here is the proof.

MAP12 UV-Max in 8:20

If you play this level 150 times like I did in this demo, that Cybie won't be there to block your way like he did in this demo not even ONCE. NOT. EVEN. ONCE.

Still, thats an amazing time I got here and I'd love to see someone beat this!!

Edit: Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuID2DEOA0Q&fmt=18

vg12-820.zip

Just in case you didn't know: there is no point in hurting yourself with rockets before entering the exit room (or inside it). Moving inside the black room activates crusher that kills Romero's head and you can't speed up that process.

Or was that rocket boosts in your 8:41?

Nope, just stupidity. Thought that it'd cut one second or two by dying faster in final room. I noticed it didn't make any difference so I cut that out in my 8:20.

dew said:

map12 uv-speed in 1:44

long rant in the textfile, short version: "OUCH!"

If we can have UV-Speed, why not NM-Speed?

MAP12 NM-Speed in 2:14

vn12-214.zip

Tossing in another demo for map 12. This is a UV-Pacifist run that clocks in with a time of 3:34.

This is the only exit I've gotten tonight and I'll take it because ouch this was tough as nails.

vg12p334.zip

wow.. great runs, guys. some of your ideas were smarter than mine, so i stole them shamelessly.

map12 uv-speed in 1:37

vg12-137.zip

This may be a bit off topic, but this concerns map 10 of vanguard so I post it here...

Invisibility... what kind of bullshit is that anyway? It's impossible to get that damn secret at map 10 without grabbing the invisibility. The cyberdemon has hooming rockets as soon as you become invisible. I'm so pissed of right now I'm about to smash my computer to pieces.

How many tries is normal to do on a single map anyway? I've done about 5 hours of attempts on map 10 without any success except for maybe 5 exits with 99% kills (I don't use the hud that display kills). I'm not as good as some runners here but goddammit doom, let me record at least 1 decent fucking demo so SOMEONE can get entertained.

I hate doom...

I usually exit once every third try or so. Many of my deaths are, as you mention, after picking up the aforementioned secret, so I always go in that room first (if I eat a cybie rocket, it's not a big deal as by that point it's only about 1 minute in).

At first, I avoided the blur sphere and just came back to it near the end of the map. Didn't seem too much of a timesink.

That's part of the reason I did the section of the map with the secret first. Like Phml said, you don't lose very much time if you get wiped by the cybie and it'll not likely last enough for you to reach the next available cybie.

Anyways, proving that I don't know crap about good estimates to how much time could be cut off a particular run, I improved my map 12 UV-Pacifist to 2:11.

It might be possible to knock this under 2 minutes, but you'd need extreme luck to not get blocked at all during the run.

vg12p211.zip