Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bgraybr

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword

I'm not sure if anyone here has heard of the Mount and Blade series, but I downloaded the demo yesterday for the newest installment yesterday. It has an amazing combat system, but unfortunately also has a steep learning curve. The graphics look a bit dated, but it is an indie game. You control your weapon with mouse movement, and there's complex blocking and shield control. With Fire and Sword adds guns to the game.

So far, its pretty fun, though the campaign is a bit disappointing. I'm probably going to buy the full version soon.

Edit: Whats up with yt tags?

Lol, as soon as I opened this thread, I got a runtime error, and just this tab shut down while the rest stayed, he heh. Pic won't show now.

Got the pack with all three Mount & Blade games. Have mostly been sticking with Warband and a few choice mods, namely Blood and Steel which you may want to check out if you're annoyed at how how long it takes to earn some real money and roll with some massive armies. I've also got Prophesy of Pendor sitting in my mod folder, which I've heard good things about but haven't given it a proper go yet.

I do currently have a With Fire and Sword game going though, I've decided to see how far I can get grinding up my firearm skill as much as possible to be sort of a 17th century cowboy. No armies or no allegiances to any kingdoms. Ain't goin' in for any a that politics. Just ma musket, ma horse and ma posse. Also maybe a little bit of sword skill becasue seriously reloading takes forever.