Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Fourth Amendment Destroyed

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2015072154_scotus17.html

Police no longer need a warrant if they even think you are in possession of narcotics. They simply have to knock, say "POLICE" and kick down your door. The reason: they believe you may be destroying evidence.

The major drawback of this situation is, if you are not the person cops are pursuing, they can still charge the individual with whatever they are doing that may be illegal.

Back in the day, if a cop found you breaking a crime in your home without invitation or a warrant, all evidence found was rejected. Not anymore.

I can't wait until a confused home owner shoots a cop in the face.

Cops are scumbags on average. Useless tools who think efficiency in locking people up trumps correct procedure and due process.

What's a constitution? You mean that meaningless piece of paper the house of representatives wipes their ass with after they shit?

PROTIP: Don't do illegal stuff; don't go to jail!

40oz said:

We don't live in a police state. Police shouldn't be able to enter a house without a warrant unless it's an emergency, and possession of illegal drugs isn't an emergency. With this decision, police forces can go on door to door raids of poor neighborhoods, and enter by force if they hear suspicious noises on the other side of the door. Do you really want that?

The justices said officers who smell marijuana and loudly knock on the door may break in if they hear sounds that suggest the residents are scurrying to hide the drugs.

Presumably police recruits are now issued an entire lecture on "How to tell when someone is frantically flushing their stash down the toilet as opposed to flushing several times in an attempt to sink a particularly stubborn and buoyant turd"...

If they legalize drugs there will be a lot fewer people to arrest (then again I guess they can always arrest anyone for "resisting arrest"... I guess drug arrests are better for PR though). I wonder what those prisoners do for 25 cents an hour (when they're not being filmed for a profitable reality show on prime time seated between blocks of geico commercials)? Assemble products for sony, like in china?

*here sony... I hurt my back making this for you all day.. in return can you at least not give me a rootkit? What's that? Sony is entering the food industry and you want us workers to process soylent green now?*

Didn't they make suicide illegal at Foxconn? Don't they have "suicide watch" in prison? Isn't nembutal illegal? I mean, come on, if I'm running a factory farm I don't want some of my debeaked chickens to just off themselves; I don't want to lose capital! Here's a suicide protip by the way, if they take our guns and things get dreary (as long as belts or ropes or shoelaces are legal (which is no guarantee)). This is just info and you should do your own research; I'm not advocating anything (especially because one of Obama's children will be able to read all messages I've ever posted on the internets when they scan my RFID chip, then critique them as lawmaker/judge/jury/executioner, all enforced retroactively of course): put a sock near your windpipe so you can breath to keep yourself sane, but restrict your neck's carotid arteries to block blood from going to your brain with a belt. I hear little pressure is needed, so you could just lean away from the prison bars and that death is painless and possibly even euphoric, and unconsciousness comes in like 20 seconds, though I havn't tried it myself. People have died by accident like this I'm pretty sure so be careful.

In the future, all humans on the planet will be my clones and all experimented upon mercilessly by a godlike artificial intelligence with as much morals as we give to fruit flies and rats. We'll all be forced to live forever and each planet will have a separate AI and clone set. All your eternally tortured clones will be on planet B and all mine will be on planet C, etc. 'I have no mouth and I must scream' everywhere! Pwned!

"The beatings will continue until morale improves." We must kill evilution before it proceeds! Are you a cosmist or a terran? You're either with us or against us!

Sorry, I ate skittles mixed with eminems and something happened to my paranoia switch.

gggmork said:

some fucked up shit

You got some serious demons man.

Honestly I think 40oz has the right idea here. Don't do anything illegal and you'll be fine. They need to knock first and as long as you don't run around like a retard making banging noises and shit when they knock, they don't have any reason to break down your door. I doubt they're just going to go door to door breaking into peoples' houses indiscriminately since it'd make them look pretty bad.

Craigs said:

Don't do anything illegal and you'll be fine.

Define "illegal", broski. Cops usually know next to fucking nothing about their own state's laws. I've lost count of the amount of gun-owners I know who were harassed or put in jail for legally carrying...and that's only my state.

And TBH, who in their right mind would kick down a door and arrest someone based off of something (drugs) which only affects THEM? We have enough guys in our prisons. Sounds like this will give powertripping douchebags (AKA 99% of cops) more reason to do so.

Well, I've been thinking about investing into guns & ammo for the past several years, and now's probably a good time as any (all I've got at the moment is a 12 gauge, and a couple dozen shells). It's not like my cash will be worth much in the future anyway, what with the Fed's incessant tampering. At least guns have an intrinsic value, and also give me the ability to refuse to comply with police state goons. Ammo might also be used for trade (similarly to gold and silver pieces) if/when the economy completely collapses. I'm not going to go balls out crazy with this, just shop around for a nice 9mm handgun, and a good rifle. And lots of rounds. ;) Plus, it'll be fun to get back to the shooting range. Haven't done any of that since my days in the military (M16A2 mostly back then, and occasionally M60 and M249).

40oz said:

PROTIP: Don't piss off a cop IRL because now he can walk up to your house, knock on the door and walk in to rummage through your drawers, dumping shit on the floor, casually looking for something incriminating to arrest you for because he "heard something suspicious".

Everyone has something incriminating in their house. I hope you registered all your guns. I hope you don't have a hard drive full of illegally downloaded videos. Oh, is that a roach in your ashtray?

Craigs said:

Don't do anything illegal and you'll be fine.

yeah, exactly. like indecent behaviour. only sick, twisted people walk around their own house naked when cops can come crashing through the door at any moment for hearing suspicious sounds. for fucks sake, there could be women in the ambush unit... that's soliciting for sex! just pray they don't find you masturbating, you goddamn rapist.

also the "accidental" case is plainly retarded. they chased an escaping cocaine dealer, yet they entered a house following the smell of burning marijuana. wtf, did they suspect the guy stopped to roll a blunt? that's totally what i'd do if cops chased me, because i can't stay off the drugs for 20 seconds, any drugs. good thinking, coppers!

PRIMEVAL said:

Good thing I live in a suburb where the worst crime is speeding.

ahaha... yeah, dream on. your neighbourhood is full of functional addicts, wife beaters, fetishists and *gasp* software pirates. everyone knows the silent suburbs are the worst.

40oz said:

Yep. It works that way in all police states. Don't start looking for trouble by doing illegal things such as, for instance, engaging in political activism. Or not going to the officially sanctioned State Church every Sunday. Or forgetting to spontaneously contribute to the local police station's tip jar.

Stay in line, be an obedient sheep, and you will probably not have any reason to complain about the loss of rights supposedly granted by the laws of your country. Remember; the law isn't some paper written by long-dead dudes; the law is the flesh-and-bone enforcers knocking on your door.

I'm just waiting for the USA to go up in flames in a new civil war now. It's going to happen in my lifetime, the question is just when.

Craigs said:

I doubt they're just going to go door to door breaking into peoples' houses indiscriminately since it'd make them look pretty bad.

Yeah walking into people's homes makes them look bad so they won't do it...sure. Look, police literally get away with murder and rape among many other things that one would expect people to be appalled by...and that shit doesn't make them look bad as you say. Get real dude.

Cyanosis said:

Your posts are extremely entertaining gggmork.

At least he's discovered paragraph breaks.

Mr. Freeze said:

Define "illegal", broski. Cops usually know next to fucking nothing about their own state's laws. I've lost count of the amount of gun-owners I know who were harassed or put in jail for legally carrying...and that's only my state.

I know a ton of people who have been pulled over for *legally* passing other cars. Most of the time, they get off with the cop just yelling at them and giving them a warning, but a few of them get charges thrown at them like "reckless driving". So yeah, I always make sure there isn't a cop around when I'm going to pass someone these days.

Solarn said:

I'm just waiting for the USA to go up in flames in a new civil war now. It's going to happen in my lifetime, the question is just when.

I don't expect it to go this far but I do not believe that the USA will be among the dominating economical powers when I'm old. The country is rotten to its core and it's just a question of time when it goes down for good.

Be an obedient sheep? Are you kidding me? The United States has enough freedom as it is, there really isn't really much you can do that really interferes with the law that isn't rightfully there.

Engaging in political activism or not going to church on sundays or not doing anything to benefit those people which make your community a safe place to live in does not infringe on your rights as an American, especially if you know to do those things in safe and orderly manner that doesn't tread on the rights of others. (And I know you're mouse cursor is on top of the post reply button to question whether 'safe' is the right word to use, bear in mind I'm prepared to backup my argument if need be.)

I mean, I'd question your morals if you have unregistered weapons, stolen movies, and smoke weed in your house even though you know it's against the law. If you display no interest in making a law enforcement officer's job easy, then they don't have to pretend to care about what you think. You piss off a cook; he spits in your food. This is first grade stuff, people.

40oz said:

Be an obedient sheep? Are you kidding me? The United States has enough freedom as it is, there really isn't really much you can do that really interferes with the law that isn't rightfully there.

what we're really talking here really about, is that this awesome american freedom is really getting castrated, one anti-terrorist, anti-criminal, really anti-unamerican activity law at a time. really, don't be surprised when they finally get to something that will really bother even such a really upstanding citizen as you.

I mean, I'd question your morals if you have unregistered weapons, stolen movies, and smoke weed in your house even though you know it's against the law. If you display no interest in making a law enforcement officer's job easy, then they don't have to pretend to care about what you think. You piss off a cook; he spits in your food. This is first grade stuff, people.

i see. well, you stole bobby prince's abuse music for uac ultra and gave him no credit in the text file. therefore i question YOUR morals.

40oz said:

If you display no interest in making a law enforcement officer's job easy, then they don't have to pretend to care about what you think. You piss off a cook; he spits in your food. This is first grade stuff, people.

Oh yes, the chef may spit in your food, but he certainly doesn't have the right to do it. That could kill people. You want to give them the right to do that?

When you give people extraordinary powers they will abuse them. The safety here comes from limiting the powers of the police since they have far greater potential to do harm than a pile of marijuana.

40oz said:
The United States has enough freedom as it is, there really isn't really much you can do that really interferes with the law that isn't rightfully there.

What makes it rightful, that it's there? That it didn't hit you in the head personally? People are saying cops entering people's houses without a warrant isn't right because it breaches privacy, puts them at a general disadvantage against state security forces which are already very powerful, and can be abused for corrupt or political reasons. Aside from a few other facts, as knowing a few things about the implications of the "war on drugs" in general, of course.

With your argument as a principle, you could adapt to any authority. Just apply stricter restrictions on yourself depending on how strict and tough the laws and security forces are. It should work almost anyplace. All you need is a good deal of faith in the authorities and something of an effort to adapt to their game. People in dictatorships often react with very similar words. When someone disappeared here in the 70s, some would say "bah, that person must have done something" because they disappeared. As if the action of being targeted proved they had done something evil to deserve it.

40oz said:

Engaging in political activism or not going to church on sundays or not doing anything to benefit those people which make your community a safe place to live in does not infringe on your rights as an American, especially if you know to do those things in safe and orderly manner that doesn't tread on the rights of others.

Please, you can say the same thing about Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia. Don't be surprised if the police don't break into your house to find something trivial to throw your ass in jail, just for making them mad for not being the ideal citizen.

(And I know you're mouse cursor is on top of the post reply button to question whether 'safe' is the right word to use, bear in mind I'm prepared to backup my argument if need be.)

Please do, it sounds like you're compensating for something. One day, you'll be treated like shit by a cop, trust me you will, and you'll take back every word you have said.

HA! You're full of shit. I wish I knew you IRL for one hour. Guaranteed, by your morel, I'll think of you as a depraved freak. Hey, what state do you live in? I remember you once said you fucked your girlfriend in the ass. Chances are that was sodomy.

Gay marriage is still illegal in the U.S right?

I think that proves the point that you're not free in America and the Law does interfere.

Things are more laid back in the UK with certain things, however you wouldn't catch anyone with a gun :P

Police no longer need a warrant if they think you are in possession of narcotics Julian Assange.