Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So how does Doomworld like it's tea?

I pour boiling water over a (black tea) teabag, preferably Yorkshire Tea, add a little milk, wait a few minutes for it to brew and then drink it. Far from the most exotic or adventurous form of tea making, but being British that's how I've always drunk it. I have no pretenses of being a tea connoisseur, but I've never cared much for the green teas or herbal teas I've tried.

Mostly green tea, but I did like a couple teas under the Twinings label (ceylan, lady grey). If the tea is bagged, I just toss it in a mug, add water and boil it directly in the microwave (haha, see I have no taste!) The only loose kind I ever buy is chinese gunpowder green tea, and that I boil on the stove, then sweeten and refrigerate (the colder it is, the better it tastes). Badia makes a nice chamomile & anise herbal tea, but it's hard to find sometimes. The only other herbal stuff I like is spearmint & peppermint blends.

I pour boiling water through a siv with Earl Grey into a cup and drink it with a little bit of sugar.

I mostly drink herbal teas, chai, and Earl Grey. I have at least a dozen types of tea at home. I usually drink my tea with milk, except peppermint tea, which is my sick tea of choice. Also, London fogs are amazing.

Boil the kettle, put in a normal english teabag, leave a little, strain abit, put milk in, put couple of sugars in n bam best tea I'll ever taste

I drink a lot of tea. My favourite is Lady Grey and it's the one I drink the most. I suppose you could call it my "default tea". I also drink a lot of Earl Grey, Chai, Rose Pouchong and Lapsang Souchong. I would drink more Lapsang because I really like it but if I drink a lot it seems to give me the runs. :/ I'll happily drink "normal" tea too.

As far as preparation etc goes, I usually drink it with milk but can happily take it black too. No sugar. If I have time, or the tea available, I will drink proper leaves because it does taste better than bags. However, the convenience of bags means that I usually use them.

If making it with bags, I put the bag in the cup, pour on boiling water, wait for a bit, remove the bag and add milk.

If I am making it in a pot with leaves, warm the pot with hot water, empty the pot, add leaves, add hot water, leave to infuse, add milk to cup, strain the tea into the cup.

We've got a local distributor called Turkey Hill that makes awesome iced teas. My favorite is the pomegranate & cherry black tea.

I live off of generic iced black tea, the kind you find at walmart for a buck. I pour tons of sugar in it and everyone who drinks it asks "wow, I wish I knew how to make tea this good". Go figure. I also don't put ice in it, but let it chill in the refrigerator overnight.

I also drink green tea every now and then, but I prefer chamomile "tea" over that.

I don't drink tea. I'm American, thank you very much. COFFEE 4 LYFE

Chai tea, no sugar. Lemon optional. Served iced, never hot*.

It's also funny how often sugar preference can result in strange reactions in Texas...

Me: "Tea please."
Them: "Sweet or unsweet?"
Me: "Unsweet, please."
Them: "WHAT THE FUCK?" or alternatively, "You're from out of state, aren't you?"

*Hot drinks are all identical as far as I'm concerned since they only seem to come in "BURNING TONGUE" flavor.

The only tea I drink is unsweetened iced tea that is everywhere. I've drunk hot tea maybe three times.

I tried to get unsweetened tea from a machine at Subway, and when I tried to get unsweetened tea from the machine the people there told me I was stupid for not realizing it only gave sweet tea, in a Subway, which constantly brags about being healthy.

Always. Pour while it's boiling; submerge and strain the bag using the convex side of the spoon for 25 seconds, remove the bag before adding a piddle of milk and stir thrice... counter clockwise. Make sure you rap the teaspoon on the lip of the mug before the first sip, and be sure to wait till it stops spinning.

I refuse to even touch biscuits unless there exists some tea with which to wet and munch the tasty comestibles.

Boil Kettle
Put teabag in cup
put boiling water in cup with teabag
wait a few minutes
take teabag out of cup THEN add milk
stir

I hardly ever have tea, but if offered tea and nothing else, I'd go for Earl Grey or Lapsang Souchong. Or maybe Keemun Congu. Something with a bit of an odd flavour. Unsweetened (of course) and normally with a little non-fat milk.

Celestial Seasoning's Lemon Zinger can be nice, but the last box I bought of that lasted about a decade, so I obviously can't be too mad keen on it.

I'm drinking Earl Grey right now. I made it from a bag... in the microwave. Laziness is king! The bag is still in it. This is gonna be one really strong cup of tea. I also always use those huge mugs that are meant for drinking hot chocolate at xmas. Probably holds the same as a can of pop.

My default is Earl Grey. I try to always have some around. I do really like green tea and oolong tea, though. Herbal and berry teas can go to hell. They always taste like drinking hot Kool-Aid.

In Canada it's bloody hard to find unsweetened iced tea. It just doesn't ever happen unless you're in a restaurant or cafe that makes their own.

Hellbent's comment reminds me of the green tea factory we visited on one of those guided tours of China (don't go on those). I don't speak a word of Mandarin, but the lady was clearly going on about how healthy it is. She put iodine in some water and then threw in some tea to soak it up. It looked cool, but given the attitudes there to things like health and medicine I'll get my data from someone else, thanks. Her skill in pouring tea was something to behold, though. She looked like one of those fountains that perfectly launches streams of water into various receptacles.

Tea is usually better unsweetened. Ask for it like that in a hospital and they ask if you're diabetic. :D

I love green tea as an accompaniment. Sencha especially.

Xaser said:

"BURNING TONGUE" flavor.

I usually have to wait a good 20-30 minutes after it's served. Everyone seems to think I'm nuts though, as they all down it right away. If I did that I wouldn't be able to taste anything for a week(I know, I've tried). Maybe they don't have any taste left?

I love tea, and chinese tea is what I always like to drink. I got many packets of chinese tea at the kitchen. Anyway Green Tea is nice too, I like its sweet taste somehow.

i drink a lot of earl grey, green and chinese tea (orange pekoe mix?)
i hate chai.
i also have a boba (tapioca pearl) tea addiction...i usually get the raspberry juice tea with large boba.

The best tea in the world is chai served in the poor places of India; Varanasi for example. Chai in America just isn't the same.

Scet said:

I usually have to wait a good 20-30 minutes after it's served. Everyone seems to think I'm nuts though, as they all down it right away. If I did that I wouldn't be able to taste anything for a week(I know, I've tried). Maybe they don't have any taste left?

I'd say you're being sensible by leaving it to wait until it has cooled a little. There are areas of Japan where it is normal to drink tea at about 80 degrees C. These areas have a markedly higher rate of throat cancer than other parts of the world. Link for similar info abour a study in Iran. And another link on a different tea-related topic.

Back in time I used to only drink black bagged tea, heatened in the microwave with plenty of sugar and milk, no exceptions. I didn't really have any preference for a particular kind of tea, since what I had available were only different kinds of aromatized Lipton teas.

However for a few years now I've been drinking almost nothing but plain green teas. Sometimes, very rarely I'll drink black tea or try some aromatized green teas, but plain green is the way to go. I also prefer Japanese varieties: Maybe the selection of teas that I have available here are bad, but the Indian green teas I tried were horrible and Chinese ones had very little taste in them (and the Japanese green teas here are limited to sencha...). White tea is nice too, but the only white teas here are either bagged or aromatized, so screw that shit.

As for preparation, I never, ever use bagged green tea. I've got a water boiler that can stop at 70 or 80 C, providing just the right temperature for different kinds of teas (you DO NOT use boiling water for green tea, that's a fail, and it will completely ruin the taste). Then I let the leaves seep for the time the particular variety requires and that's it.

I like all kinds of teas, except for those "fruit tea" types. Tastes like plastic and melted synthesizers.

I`m trying to cut down on the coffee, because I` currently cutting down on the smokes (alot), and coffee only makes me wanna have a smoke.

Warm tea, no sugar, no lemon.

I don't order tea anymore when I go out for reasons Scet stated. Still water is fine too.