Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sparkstorm

Dallas, TX Quakecon

Anyone on the forums from Dallas or nearby ? I wanted to try and set up a meeting area for us DooMers. I got about 5 people wanting to play DooM and Unreal Tournament 2004. So just wondering who's going so we can all meet up and have us a good ol' fragfest :D

I'm only going to be in Dallas for an hour and a half layover here in a couple hours so no go for me. :)

Oh fark, I'm already in Dallas. D:

I'll actually be in town that weekend, so there's really no reason why I shouldn't go. Might not be available on Thursday though -- it depends on whether or not I can get off work.

I'm going!

I've got a seat reserved in the B10 area (I'm B10-10). I'm trying to get other Doomers to meet up the the same general area. Should make it easy to communicate and play some games :)

I hope we get some new faces there this year! Each year we seem to get more, and so it makes sense that it keeps getting to be more fun.

I'm gonna look into moving too Dallas maybe. CHeck Tax Rates and crap. I'd love to go to QC, but it's so damn far from Wisconisn.

I've always wanted to go to one, but it's a long plane ride/molestation to have my head handed to me playing DM in person.

Clonehunter said:

I'm gonna look into moving too Dallas maybe. CHeck Tax Rates and crap. I'd love to go to QC, but it's so damn far from Wisconisn.

lol, I'd SO make a move all the way to TX just for QC! that is if I was actually in charge of where I'm living. still got a few years to go for that. :P

I always forget about QuakeCon until its too late. But one of these days I'll make it down for another one. I just need someone to go with me.

The only one I've been to is the 2003 one, where I got to try out Doom 3's deathmatch before it was released. I also remember totally pwning some guys in jDoom while I was down there.

Sparkstorm said:

I wish you all could come! Actually its my first time so I'm really anxious to meet fellow doomers!

I wish I could, too. I've never met anyone off this forum :-/

doomgirl said:

lol, I'd SO make a move all the way to TX just for QC! that is if I was actually in charge of where I'm living. still got a few years to go for that. :P

Well, I wouldn't move just for QuakeCon. I hate the cold weather we have up here. The snow, the pine trees that give me allergies, I would give it up easy for something like Florida or Texas weather. Anything warm really. Dry or Moist, as long as it is warm. I'm sick of the cold. And besides, Quake Con would be a factor...

DuckReconMajor said:

Have you been to Texas in the summer? Remember the last time you opened the hot oven? That's what getting out of the car is like.

Getting out is fine. It's getting into it after it's been sitting in said oven for a while that's a bit on the warm side. ;)

Xaser said:

Getting out is fine. It's getting into it after it's been sitting in said oven for a while that's a bit on the warm side. ;)

Oh god I hate hot cars that have been sitting in the sun.

Clonehunter said:

Florida

are you ok with it being sunny and 80 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next day? then 70 and raining all day the next...then 45 for two days? then back to 80 and sunny for a week and then after that rainy for 2 days, followed by thunderstorms...and then 90 degree extreme humidity...without counting out that it might very well get down to 50 again the next day?
if so, then you'll love florida.
the weather here is schizo.

The Lag said:

are you ok with it being sunny and 80 degrees one day and 50 degrees the next day? then 70 and raining all day the next...then 45 for two days? then back to 80 and sunny for a week and then after that rainy for 2 days, followed by thunderstorms...and then 90 degree extreme humidity...without counting out that it might very well get down to 50 again the next day?

Doesn't sound much different from New England, except for the lack of snow part.

The Lag said:

That's how it is in Virginia, except it'll go from 70 to 30. There really is no spring or fall, just a battle between summer and winter that happens twice a year. Damn east coast.

The Lag said:

You just described an average spring week in Colorado. Except throw in some snow.

Clonehunter said:

Well, I wouldn't move just for QuakeCon. I hate the cold weather we have up here. The snow, the pine trees that give me allergies, I would give it up easy for something like Florida or Texas weather. Anything warm really. Dry or Moist, as long as it is warm. I'm sick of the cold. And besides, Quake Con would be a factor...

Geez, I know about the pine trees, totally! Blowing huge wafts of pollen everywhere...nice weather is just another reason to move. And where I live we barely have any good cons. Sakuracon is just a bunch of girls--blegh(and a few guys cosplaying, also blegh). I would MUCH rather go to a 90% guy crowd and play FPS for a day. It would be an important staple for me every year.

Clonehunter, u sure you want to move to texas?! Lol, its gonna hit over 1100 everyday this month!

Doomgirl, the heat mixes with pollen and creates an allergy blanket over here lol. Terrible!

Sparkstorm said:

Clonehunter, u sure you want to move to texas?! Lol, its gonna hit over 1100 everyday this month!

Doomgirl, the heat mixes with pollen and creates an allergy blanket over here lol. Terrible!

Ah shiz, I meant 100 lolz.

I live in Plano, Texas and I am going to be attending QuakeCon. I'm going to be playing in the Quake Live Amateur Duel Tournament.