Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deepthought

do YOU have an epic gameplay song?

OK so i've noticed that some music just totally ramps up my skill for soe reason. my epic gameplay songs are:

Basshunter: Dota, Boten Anna, Camilla (kind of), and All i Ever wanted, in her eyes, i miss you
Skid Row: 18 and life (no idea why. don't ask)
Metallica: Day that never comes, the struggle within, Holier than thou (kind of)
Christia schneider: ich bin dein gummibar
tune up: bounce,raver's fantasy
DJ splash: Flying high
DJ mangoo: Eurodancer
some Cascada, i'm still experimenting with that.

Anybody else have any epic gameplay songs? any idea why they increase your performance?

I generally only listen to in-game music. I feel it kind of ruins the atmosphere if you just blast something off the radio.

For me it's usually deathcore: Cuz Seven Ate Nine, Carnifex, Suicidal Massacre, Whitechapel, The Contortionist, Impending Doom, Disfiguring the Goddess, I Declare War etc etc

I tend to blast Warren Zevon tunes when the in-game music starts to irritate me. I can't say whether or not it affects my skill either way, though.

Bobby Prince has done some amazing music for this game, I find it an intricate part of Doom's enjoyability for me.

If the author changed the music of the map, I listen to that. After all I want to experience the map the way the author would have liked me to. If the music of a map is that map slot's default song (which I usually interpret as the author not caring about that aspect) I might listen to whatever external music I happen to like at the time.

lupinx-Kassman said:

I might listen to whatever external music I happen to like at the time.

lupinx-Kassman said:

If the author changed the music of the map, I listen to that. After all I want to experience the map the way the author would have liked me to. If the music of a map is that map slot's default song (which I usually interpret as the author not caring about that aspect) I might listen to whatever external music I happen to like at the time.

What if you get an awful Master of Puppets midi rendition? You know what I'm talking about.

xvertigox said:

deathcore ... Impending Doom

o.O From what I've heard, Impending Doom is Death Metal...

For me, any Slayer song will work. Slayer and Doom just go together really well, to me.

Nowadays I rely far too much on Doom's various noises (fireball launches, monster awaken/wandering noises, lifts, etc) to play comfortably without hearing them.

Technician said:

What if you get an awful Master of Puppets midi rendition? You know what I'm talking about.

Haha well if the music is grating to my ears or starts to get repetitive after a while I would of course mute its volume.

I generally only listen to in-game music.

But sometimes when I work on a new demo and it starts to get too annoying and repetitive, I turn on Home Sweet Grave.

Depends. If it's the same old Doom tunes, I'll just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. If it's custom music I'll listen to it if it fits, otherwise I'll again just put on my own music instead.

Although some wads that does have custom music I've noticed that some albums I have fits the wad's theme like a glove. Newworld 2, for example, I've found that Oliver Arcane's album AFS+ goes along very well together.

Megamur said:

I generally only listen to in-game music. I feel it kind of ruins the atmosphere if you just blast something off the radio.

I usually don't listen to external music while playing single-player unless i need an extra boost, but it definitely helps on multiplayer.

kmxexii said:

Nowadays I rely far too much on Doom's various noises (fireball launches, monster awaken/wandering noises, lifts, etc) to play comfortably without hearing them.

This sounds about right. I was playing Doom while blasting music the other day and I was getting penetrated by shotgun guys that were placed around every little corner.

I mostly tend to play music from the game Painkiller when I'm masochistic enough for the super-hard megawads. (for instance, the track Babel I play in maps18-20)

I normally just listen to the music that comes with the map that I'm playing. When the music that come with the map is annoying or something I had a playlist of stuff I downloaded off of mod archives that I listen to. (thanks to my external hardrive usb failing I can't get it on my normal dooming computer). Now I listen to the metal I have on my computer. It is a mix of every major kind (Heavy, Power, Thrash, Speed, and Death).

I don't like how the word "epic" is being used nowadays. As soon as something is considered good, people say: epic!

No, I don't have any epic songs that I like to play doom to. But I have epic songs I like to listen to.

System of a down- Chop suey
Disturbed- Pretty much anything
Rammstein- Amerika

To name a few
I feel somehow i play better with the music playing...

I have a station with Doom Metal / Black Metal / Thrash/Speed Metal.

Then I also have artists:
- Nightwish
- Avenge Sevenfold
- Ministry
- Pantera
- Slayer
- Deftones (pre 1999)
- Nine Inch Nails (pre 1999)
- Marilyn Manson (pre 1999)

Technician said:

What if you get an awful Master of Puppets midi rendition?

FUCK YEAH NINETIES

Actually, those infamous Metallica midis are some of my favorites for Doom -- they fit so well for some weird reason (screw the resemblance to the actual song; they sound like Doom). I blame a couple of certain early wads I played for that, though; they used them quite well. :P

Yeah, I don't usually listen to music while playing Doom either, usually I listen to the ingame midis but at like 50% of the sound volume.

Most the time I just play with the built in music, but when I do play with different music, it's always stuff from modarchive.org. Dunno why, but I really like demoscene music.