Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Looking for a Doom (1) map

I'm looking for a Doom level. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the level or the author's name, but I do remember it was a giant (and fun) E1 themed level. I believe it came out in 2005 or thereabouts if memory serves (which it probably does not). I'd like to play this particular map again; I remembered it suddenly today and was trying to remember its name. Thanks :D

That's not a lot of information to go on.

Is there anything else you remember about it? Music? Any port features? Was it only slightly E1-styled or did it have areas very similar to the original maps? Was it just one big map, or a number of maps? Was the gameplay similar in difficulty to the original maps, or tougher? Lots of hitscanners and imps/demons, or were there a lot of monsters that weren't in the original E1?

Grazza said:

That's not a lot of information to go on.

Is there anything else you remember about it? Music? Any port features? Was it only slightly E1-styled or did it have areas very similar to the original maps? Was it just one big map, or a number of maps? Was the gameplay similar in difficulty to the original maps, or tougher? Lots of hitscanners and imps/demons, or were there a lot of monsters that weren't in the original E1?

My bad. I didn't have the music turned on, so I don't know about that. It was not port specific. It was E1 all the way, it didn't have a huge amount of detail, there were lots of areas connected by windows, and some parts where inspired from various E1 levels, but the overall map was original. It was one gigantical map. As I recall there was a fair mix of E1 monsters, not too many of one kind and not too many of the other, and there were no other enemies from the other episodes in this level.

I don't think your gonna get any help without more detail... Is there anything more specific you can remember? Maybe? Because there are, as i'm sure you know, many E1 styled maps out there.

Fear Complex for the win! Man, I hadn't played this in so long...very good map. I suggest it very highly for those of who haven't played it. Thanks, Grazza.

Yes, it's a good map, and I gave it a generally favourable review in T/nC #150.

There's one bug though: there's a door near the end where you are expected to open it and then go through it before it closes. If you open it and then retreat, you can't open it again, which rather ruins things.