Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

138 demos this week.

The Compet-N and PDANG archives are up, too. Links are on the info page. I've removed most of the demos (all of tnt and the PWADS) already listed to the DSDA. I'll probably put up the full archives for download, as well.

Grazza: Okay, I've uploaded the unknown demos.

Opulent: Hey, welcome back! Glad to see you're still keeping an eye on the demo scene.:-)

The zipfile with Kyle's 4:11 demo for Dark Covenant Map01 is accidentally duplicated. It seems that you uploaded two copies of it: the one which is posted in the forum and the one which is sent to DSDA.

Hey Op, nice to see you round these parts again :) And for anyone trying to maintain their own publicdang archive, I was able to find one of the missing demos above. See attached.

m1m3m359.zip

SAV88 said:

The zipfile with Kyle's 4:11 demo for Dark Covenant Map01 is accidentally duplicated. It seems that you uploaded two copies of it: the one which is posted in the forum and the one which is sent to DSDA.

Ahh I didn't realize forum posts got uploaded, sorry about that.

Andy Olivera said:

Grazza: Okay, I've uploaded the unknown demos.

Here are a few comments from memory:
The at20 demos are attempts to do Alien Vendetta map20 Tyson style by Xit Vono.
bbge2 is bbg playing Doom Episode 2, using Zdoom.
Doomreplaytrash is a test of Doom Replay Editor by someone - Opulent?
dspczweb is a bunch of stuff from a Czech site - Predators?
dtca20 are demos by Opulent on Doom The Cyberdemon Army Demo - Map 20.
dw2-vile is Vile playing Doomworld Forums 2.
e1m4heh2 is (I think) Doomboy playing Doom e1m4.
fr21bug are demos on Fragport map21 showing bugs. I think they are by Donce.
nanami_zdoom47i_nm_scripted_001 is a (silly) demo by Nanami using Zdoom 47i and employing a script to "complete" Doom2 in 1 second on Nightmare, or something like that.
nexn are demos on Next Nightmare.
nulnx415-fixed is Donce's Tasdoom demo on Null Space that has been converted to some degree to play back without Tasdoom.
sdeath_chopkinska is by chopkinska on his own map, Cchest2 map32.
op2448 is a Zdoom demo on ITYTD by Opulent in Doom The Cyberdemon Army Demo - Map 20 - see this thread.

In many cases, the autoloading patterns would have told you which wads were needed - just load the demo with prboom+ with autoloading enabled, and it tries to play it back. If it identifies the demo and can't find the wads needed, it tells you what they are in an on-screen message.

Disclaimer: Some of the above not certain, unverified, etc.

That UVmax demo of 1337.wad of map01 is not mine but was made by aceylone777.

Also I think the bonus demo I included in my 1337 d2ep1 demo should be worth mentioning :)

That leaves only the following:

a.zip -- pn06-105 -- corrupted zip upload to the Compet-N ftp -- I had uncorrupted the zip and now it will play until 54 seconds.
I can't be sure who it is but I think it is Jim L..

cs05-022 -- DOOM2 Map05 coop. Laverdure/Catalaa or perhaps Hegyi/Ruohonen or the Kapustins, but most likely Razak/someone.
There are 2 other demos uploaded at the same time to the Compet-N ftp... all without textfiles.
If desperate, Laura might have ftp logs of IP addresses, but it is probably easier to just ask the few people who could have recorded it.

Yes, pn06-105 is mine. I did that demo, and after uploading, I remember being told that the file is bad, so I uploaded it again or something. Anyways, I think the demo is on the doom SDA already. I have no idea about cs05 other than that I don't think it's mine since it doesn't exist on my hard drive.

Hello Opulent, nice to see your posts again.

Opulent said:

Graham, I'd rather you didn't publicly post the rare stuff...

I don't understand. Could you explain why you think the rare stuff should stay rare?

RjY said:

Hello Opulent, nice to see your posts again.I don't understand. Could you explain why you think the rare stuff should stay rare?

Rare items include demos that the authors requested that they not be posted publicly.
An example: Ocelot sends me demos to my email account and requests that I don't share them.
I have to respect that... especially from a player of his caliber.
Additionally, many of my own private demos have been shared to particular individuals with the same statement from me....

email me for more detail, etc.... if interested.

unrelatedly, I'm glad to see you are still going strong after all these years!

Opulent said:

Rare items include demos that the authors requested that they not be posted publicly.

Ah, yes, thanks, I didn't consider that angle at all. Seems obvious now you've said it, too :-)

Okay, let's see:

Phil's 1337 bonus demo annoted.

Mark's 1337 demo now credited to him.

The no longer 'unknown' demos should be up next week.

Thanks all!

117 demos this week.

Starfire: You're welcome. I should've done it long ago...

Didier: LOL. Fixed. Thanks! *takes a hit* :-)

I got most of the unknowns added, except for the nexnight demos. Does anyone have the original WAD? I'm pretty sure the reason I didn't upload these before was that they all desynced on the current version.

I was going to add the times for the two survival demos, but neither would play back correctly, either with v1.17 or v1.17c. They were probably recorded with a or b, but I can't find binaries for them. Would anyone happen to have them?

I noticed an error (not a new one; it was wrong on the old SDA site).

Cyber3 is by AReyeP (and not Pedro A. Gomez Blanco).

The wad was originally from here.

Andy Olivera said:

I was going to add the times for the two survival demos, but neither would play back correctly, either with v1.17 or v1.17c. They were probably recorded with a or b, but I can't find binaries for them. Would anyone happen to have them?

Sorry, but I can't help with those Zdoom versions (I have several others from around then, but not these). I don't have them in my back-ups, and even notgod didn't appear to have those versions. Atomicgamer has only the source files for those two versions. Which survival demos were these?

167 demos this week.

Grazza: Author name corrected. Thanks!

Yeah, I really didn't expect anyone to have the compiled versions (there probably weren't any). I'll have to look into compiling them myself. On a similar note, did you ever manage to find that PRBoom+ v2.2.6.2 (the one DRE is based on) source? I'd still like a look at it.

vdgg: All corrected (except pe4m). Thanks!

I have the Nexnight old version (I'll mail it to you).
Survival:
1) The 188 demo playsback fine with 117c for me.
2) The 330 demo SHOULD be 117c, but desyncs after 2 kills. Curiously, it reaches kill 63 with 121 or 122.
3) Desyncs with 117, 117c, 118a, 118b, and zdos117c.
4) The final version of the wad is obviously not the version he recorded the demos with. The ACS script was amended to remove the dead bodies.
I don't have more than one version of the wad unfortunately. Checked my 2002 backup and that is the final version too.
Tried manipulating the demofile without success.
5) Both are Adam Williamson, btw.

I notice that the Prague LAN demos aren't included. There were quite a number of SP and especially coop demos recorded, including (perhaps most notably) Scythe coop movies - it wasn't all DM!

Andy Olivera said:

did you ever manage to find that PRBoom+ v2.2.6.2 (the one DRE is based on) source? I'd still like a look at it.

I'd forgotten you'd even asked about it. I've e-mailed you the closest thing I've got.

Ryback's 2002 a Doom Odyssey max for e1m8 is actually a second faster than it says on the site (1:38) :)

Opulent: Awesome. Thanks! Also, I think you're right about the survival demo (the 188 one does indeed work, so I can get the time for that, at least). And both demos are now credited to the right Adam.:-)

Grazza: I'll get the LAN demos up next week. And a big "Thank You!" for the source. I've been wanting to look at that for a long time.

Noob: Time fixed. Thanks!

Just noticed DidierTranber's 0:40 demo on 2002ado e2m8 is labeled NM100s. The map does not contain any secrets, a bit odd considering his 2 faster nightmare demos were submitted as nightmare speed. Probably forgot to change the txt.