Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

Snakes said:

Didn't get this version. Sorry I never got back to you on the first one but I've finally got settled in at home again. Cali adventures are over.

Could you send me the newer version?

No problem Snakes, pm you a link to the latest version.

Absolute final version of MAP04 sent to Joshy. Thinking of starting work on next map.

EDIT: An Episode 2 map. Probably want custom music for this one too, if PRIMEVAL's up to it, like the last one.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Elpizo/Doom-Screenshots/layout.png

This is the complete layout of my second map for this project. If it's okay, I would like to claim slot map 02 for this, as I think it'll fit fine as an early map, style-wise. All rooms I wanted for this map are in place, all that is left is detailing the yellow-key room and adding some more detail to a few other rooms, as well as finish adding monsters, health and ammo, of course. I have no idea for music yet.

As for a name, I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking of calling it "That Flooded Place". But that can still change. I have no real inspiration for this map, I consider it a thematical mix of "Well of Souls" and "Congo", with bits of other episode 1 maps of Plutonia. It's an earth map, so no blood pools or falls, but water, and normal wooden and stone structures, as well as plenty of those vine-covered walls and the vines themselves.

So far, chocolate doom hasn't crashed a single time yet while testing, and for this map I'm only testing with chocolate doom and doom 95. No ZDoom this time around, I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.

It should be finished before too long.

The final version of my map "Infested Compound" has been sent to Joshy. I want to thank Snakes, hawkwind, TendaMonsta and Belial for all the feedback they have giving me which I think made the map better.

Mista_T said:

EDIT: An Episode 2 map. Probably want custom music for this one too, if PRIMEVAL's up to it, like the last one.

No problem for me :P

And Mr. Jericho, I can help out with music if you want.

Progress:

Discounting a few minor visual-only spots, I only have one or two small areas and the secret exit to do before this guy's all finished layout-wise. Still plenty of work to do, though, since it'll likely take a while to populate it just right considering how large it wound up being.

Though you do visit a few major areas more than once, I'll do my best to keep the re-encounters short since major backtracking sucks.

Nice stuff there Xaser!

So far, everyone's doing great work, keep them coming!

Toranga just finished his map, hopefully the testers got them as well.

Reporting my Poison Ivy III map progress, I'm sorta nearly there with the layout design, there are several areas that really resemble Impossible Mission with a bit of twist. One particular areas needs a little fixing as VPO goes to like 130-140 at worst, but fixing it shouldn't be a problem. It's always a challenge to keep all the open spaces limited in vanilla as I usually go crazy with open spaced layouts. :3

Also, I'll be away for a week and a half (or possible a few days earlier) as I'll be going off on a holiday so I won't be here to keep track of whatever's happening.

NOTE
One request to all the mappers when you send in versions. Can you add v1,v2 as part of file name, etc accordingly to the version it is. It can get confusing when I'm not sure which is the latest version. So far, okay but I would prefer not to lose track and cause more bother. Thanks!

And another thing, for the txtinfo, if you like to, just fill this information thingy in. You don't need to fill all of them in.

Contributor       :
Also known as     :
Email address     :
Webpage           :
Other files by me :
Personal thanks   :

I'll wait to test the first episode out, as I prefer trying the maps out in numerical order.

I am still looking forward to those two secret maps, not that I'm gonna spoil those of course.

Those are some impressive pics you got there Xaser.

Also Joshy in the map list on the 1st page of the thread, you misspelled "Infested Compound".

Hello. Here's some pictures of my Episode 1 map called: "UAC Garden Facility". I still have plenty of rooms left to make, and bugs left to fix. These pics are taken using GLBoom+ for better resolution, but I will do all the proper testing in Chocolate Doom.

The pics:

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2889/garden00.png
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/268/garden01.png
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/737/garden02.png

I've sent the fifth version to Joshy. Updates are mostly testers' requests, some have been rejected (but overall they were great suggestions!).

I am working on map30. It's not going very fast but there is good progress.
The name of the map will be:
"In the eye of the beholder" btw.

keep up the good work guys!

I have officially decided to map and I am getting back into testing.

My slot that I am hoping to get would be MAP20 as I would like to make a remake of "The Death Domain" from the original Plutonia.

@t.v. - Am I gonna have that feeling that your Map30'll have a little area for the player to go through before they get to the final boss? I'm looking forward to the map though.

Well yes :-)

Just like in the original 'icon of sin' and my endmaps for TVR, Community Chest and Plutonia2. This is the way doom megawads should end IMO.

That's good news. Hopefully you will make a boss as impressive as in Plutonia 2 :-) (twice the same in a giant room? Yes I'm crazy ! Or just like the classic Baphomet but with the face of your creation).

JCD said:

I just made a map for episode 01
my map is finished, but I have no music

Those screen shots look really nice. I hope it plays as nice as the screens..."awaits for JCD to send map to testers."

I've basically finished my map, so here's some screens from before I put any things in. Testers will probably get the map soon, although I've got some testing of my own to do first.

Start of the map: http://i28.tinypic.com/2lstaa9.png
Main arena: http://i25.tinypic.com/ddgiag.png
End of the map: http://i28.tinypic.com/1q51yr.png

I've had to tone this down once or twice, and balance ammo and health a fair bit, but I think I've got UV down alright. Easier difficulties will have fewer monsters, but the same supplies. Co-op has more monsters and supplies, and DM is catered for as well.

Phobus said:

Co-op has more monsters and supplies

<3
i will probably make you add more anyways. :)

Sorry for not reporting for so long, I had a lot of things to do IRL. I only managed to start working on my map now. I have a few layouts in mind I'm going to try, I'll post some screenshots when I decide on one.

dew said:

<3
i will probably make you add more anyways. :)

My testing with my brother worked out nicely - the extra "run-of-the-mill" monsters around the map surprised him as he wasn't expecting them, and the obligatory co-op cyberdemon kept things interesing. We ended with a reasonable arsenal between us, so I'm happy to report that my testing is complete, and seems favourable. Once I'm done browsing through the rest of the forum I'll pick an unused E2 mapslot for my map (I made it on MAP12, so I could see how the sky looked), think of a name and provide some information on here.

EDIT: Ok, I'm putting the map as MAP14 (first free E2 slot), and calling it Undertaker. I'm including a text file in the zip. I'll send it to the testers, but not Joshy as he's not showing an e-mail address to send to :P Once we have a finished map I'll see if Stewboy is still up for making a track for it.

EDIT2: All testers have a PM with a temporary link in it - I'll edit that previous PM to Joshy to have the link in to.

Not bad at all, I must say. It's good to see a map with 200% more color than mine. :P I'm seeing some really good stuff here lately, which is always good.

As for me, I must admit I haven't done too much lately -- I've kinda hit the "what the hell do I do next?" slump with the last couple of unfinished rooms. Maybe I should just go ahead and place the rest of the monsters first so I can actually make sure it's halfway playable... :P