Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

I sent to Joshy the link for the last version of my level.

I would like to thank TheUltimateDoomer, Snakes, Hawkwind, dew, Tendamonsta and Belial for their betatesting, comments and suggestions which I found very usefull.

Lorenzo

I like how everybody's map has more colors than mine does. Bad, bad Xaser. :P

Good stuff so far, though! Good bit of inspiration, those last few shots have been. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things soon -- I've been busy the last couple of weeks and now I'm in my usual "lazy after busy" cooldown stage. Whatever you call that. ;)

Here's something to tide the crew over, though:

P.S. I broke the vanilla savegame limit. Everyone who's not Belial is going to hate me now. :(

I wont be submitting my newest map until Joshy wakes up.

pcorf said:

I wont be submitting my newest map until Joshy wakes up.

Didn't realise Tasmania and NSW were in completely different time zones, heh.

Joshy said:

Didn't realise Tasmania and NSW were in completely different time zones, heh.

Oh, really. I thought we were 12 hours ahead :D

I submitted a link to you to the latest version of my MAP03 to you it fixes a lot of bugs. I also have a MAP19 named Slaughter Zone which is undergoing final play testing and will be submitted to you soon.

I have been very busy during summer but I also finally started to work on something ... which could grow into some late ep2 map in few days, so please gimme slot 19 ... for now :-)

Gusta said:

I have been very busy during summer but I also finally started to work on something ... which could grow into some late ep2 map in few days, so please gimme slot 19 ... for now :-)

I have just completed MAP19. Sorry. But Joshy has been very inactive possibly due to exams. The first page hasn't been updated for over a week. Maybe you can make MAP23.

So maybe 23 then, it doesn´t matter so much. I just want some red sky :-) I suppose that the map order will be reorganized according to difficulty, themes etc. as always.
If I will get into the right mappin mood again perhaps I will try to make something for 28-29 slot as well (again:).

Gusta said:

So maybe 23 then, it doesn´t matter so much. I just want some red sky :-) I suppose that the map order will be reorganized according to difficulty, themes etc. as always.
If I will get into the right mappin mood again perhaps I will try to make something for 28-29 slot as well (again:).

Yeah its frustrating. There are probably several other maps in progress but there has been no updates to the front page for some time so its a bit disorganized. With red skies I love the MAP11-20 sky in Plutonia. I think 15 and 16 are also work in progress.

Progress update

code:
No. of completed maps: 17/32
List of completed maps and slots

Map01-Stonewall (Joshy)
Map02-That Flooded Place (Keeper of Jericho)
Map03-Temple of Cetza (pcorf)
Map04-Stony Halls (Mista_T)
Map05-Escape from the Ghost Town (Lorenzo)
Map06-Bloodbath (JC)
Map07-Caughtisle (Joshy)
Map08-UAC Garden Facility (waverider)
Map09-
Map10-
Map11-

Map12-Velocity (K!r4)
Map13-The Unholy Crypt (evocalvin)
Map14-Undertaker (Phobus)
Map15-
Map16-
Map17-Infested Compound (Philnemba)
Map18-
Map19-Slaughter Zone (Pcorf)
Map20-

Map21-Asmodeus' Circle (Keeper of Jericho/Belial)
Map22-Suicide Mission (valkiriforce)
Map23-
Map24-
Map25-Planned Overload (Armouredblood)
Map26-Necrogenesis ([WH]-Wilou84)
Map27-
Map28-
Map29-
Map30-
Map31-
Map32-

Paul, it is not like I've abandoned and won't update the progress so far. I've hardly much time to update the OP, especially with full time university and a diploma at the same time. Still, thank you for your insistence.

Gusta said:

Sure thing. You make sure that mapping mood of yours is persistent! :P

I'm pretty sure the maps will be reorganised so that the difficulty and theme transitions will be more consistent. I will be discussing this with the testers after the project has been compiled and tested thoroughly. When this re-organisation of levels has been done, the project will have its first public release.

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

I started to make my map yesterday. This is remake of plutonia map 15.
I want to set my map to map 16. Joshy, OK?

Sure, no worries! Good looking screenies so far, keep it up! :-)

johnfulgor said:

Hello all!
I'd like to join this project. I've started a map, all brown bricks, and hexagonal shaped rooms. I don't know if it may fit ...

You are welcome to join this project. :-) Still, I really doubt, according to your screenies, your map would fit this project. It is looking like Doom2 to be honest and it is sort of bland. There isn't much to look at (feels empty) and the choice of texturing leaves much to be desired (feels monotonous). See if you can add more things in it, with more of a creative structure of the room with a theme. :-)

We have 17 completed maps so far! (Not all maps have been received but I'm sure they will be after the initial testings) Excellent progress but I'd like to have a good idea of how far all the mappers in work is up to. Could you please post an estimated percentage of how much work your in-progress map has been done.

For me, my Poison Ivy III map is sorta around 60%. Bit of a mapping block and not much time either. If I can't make any more progress in time, I might have to ask someone to complete the map for me and make it a collaboration map.

0% yeah I'm a fuck. I started the map over again.

MAPINFO :
Map Name - Demesne of Sacrifices
Percent Complete - 0% :(
Music - Modified version of Message of the Arch-vile

Football is consuming a lot of time especially Double sessions. School starts soon and that's another problem.

Although doubles are about to end and that opens up time to work on a map.

I think I am going to draw out the map on a piece of graphing paper first before I start to actually map and then delete everything I have worked on. I cannot really do much testing or anything until the end of summer. I apologize I didn't notify any users about this, but its hard to muster up the energy to post information on the forums a lot especially when you're a lazy fuck like me.

What I can do is create my own deadline and if my map isn't complete by then you could expel me from mapping and/or testing.

Joshy wrote: We have 17 completed maps so far! (Not all maps have been received but I'm sure they will be after the initial testings) Excellent progress but I'd like to have a good idea of how far all the mappers in work is up to. Could you please post an estimated percentage of how much work your in-progress map has been done.

My map "Venom" is about 75-80% finished, I've created all but one room, besides that I have to add more detail to a couple of rooms, as well as adding monsters and all items. The "full" map should be ready to send to testers in about a week.

20%
Map name: Terra Incognita
Music: Either unchanged or open for something new

I've sent in what I hope are the final versions of my maps. MAP02 I hadn't sent in yet, waiting for the playtesters, but it's all done now. Here's a screenshot of it being tested via Doom Builder 2. Yes, it's ZDoom, but it runs under vanilla, no worries.

Some slight modifications have been done to map21, too. More monsters and ammo have been added for the multiplayer, as well as new start locations for co-up, as per request of one of the playtesters. That's all that has changed.

This should round up my contribution to the project. I hope. Should the need arise for another map to fill up the 32 slots (which I doubt, as there are plenty of mappers signed up), I won't say no to a third one, but I don't think that will be needed, and I'd prefer to leave it to more talented and better mappers to fill the remaining slots.

halfway through! i'd love to hype a bit, but only cheesy phrases come out. so... this project is tits. i'm genuinely surprised by the high standard of the submitted maps, everything so far is plutonia and fun. this project might join the megawad pantheon, let's hope the second half is as good as the first one.

I'm finding I map annoyingly slow, my "violent omen" map is getting there, but I'll probably have to revamp most of the gameplay and map though as I'm not that pleased with it at the moment, and everyone elses great looking screenshots are kicking my maps ass. I'll have to do something about that. :P

I'll never get a map done (hence why I didn't try to claim a slot). If I map from a layout, I get demotivated about the detail and thing placement. If I map whimsically without planning, I just run out of ideas.

So I had been working on my map for awhile and I forgot to test with chocorenderlimits. So when I finally use it to check certain areas for HOMs, they're everywhere. Spent the last week or so optimizing my map(MAP31). Expect updated shots soon.

Here's three screenshots from my remade map. This version will head out to the testers and Joshy shortly. It should fix the VPOs, increase the difficulty significantly, make the map play better, balance health and ammo better, look smoother, be brighter and flow better.

Start area (all opened up and ready to leave):

The outdoors area - entirely redesigned:

The arena - seperate from the map now:

For those that have played the map before, the similarities should be fairly visible, but as I remade the map to incorporate as many improvements as possible, it is very different all the same.

Map slot: 16
Map name: (Untitled yet)
Custom music: Yes
Progress: 70 - 80% done

I fought against VPOs many times, but I was usually overcome by it, then I wasted several hours I rebuilt the areas :(
When you paly the large area in vanilla doom, small HOMs would happen in few distant textures someties. I often fixed them, but I don't want to delete some details. Therefore, they wouldn't be fixed completely. I think HOMs which still exist don't at all hinder your play. Please ignore them if you play my map on vanilla doom.

Some SS, here.
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_rev06.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_rev07.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_rev08.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_rev09.jpg

I'm inspired again. If there's a slot open in Episode 3, I'll take it.

Mista_T said:

I'm inspired again. If there's a slot open in Episode 3, I'll take it.

Sure thing.

Hello all!
I've left aside the hexagonal crypt map, and I've started (and finished) a new one, based on green bricks and wood (yes, I know, someone will complain for missing variations... but it's my style).
The focus is on gameplay rather on details. There are traps and ambushes, pitch-black recesses, a good number of revenants and a couple of archviles. Let me know your opinion!

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/greenbrick/greenbrick.wad

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/greenbrick/Screenshot1.png

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/greenbrick/Screenshot2.png

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/greenbrick/Screenshot3.png

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/greenbrick/Screenshot4.png

http://www.patrickswads.altervista.org/greenbrick/Screenshot5.png

I'm sorry because I will be harsh... but what I see is not Plutonia at all :/.

K!r4 said:

Totally agree with you.

But it can be made into Plutonia by re-texturing and detailing but not too much detail of course.

K!r4 said:

No problem; I will post the link to this map to another thread, hoping that someone will download and test it anyway.