Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

Hey Joshy, I'm having serious trouble with my map. It's just looking too uninspired and bland no matter how I try change it, I don't want to drag a potentially great project down with a map that feels half arsed. This and the fact that my semester is starting now and considering that I'm a slow mapper will mean I probably won't be able to get it finished by November anyway. So to avoid disappointing you a few weeks before the deadline I'd like to give up my slot now. Sorry. :(

DoomHero85 said:

@dew: If you're asking me if you can playtest my map for me. Definitely, and if you like it, I'll make another for this project. Kinda hit a wall on doom 2 "second run" and I need to do something else before I resume it.

I would like to play-test it! It looks cool :)

I've finished my first map, and started the second one, but not working very much.

I'm not sure i'll finish it for the deadline.

Lorenzo

Right, for all of you wo have a link to v2 - that won't work. Joshy will get a link to v2.1 shortly, and if anybody fancies doing music for the map still, just say and I'll pm you a link too!

EDIT: Apologies to Joshy for having to send 3 PMs just to get the link right D:

imphead said:

when is it going to finished and released

Before Community Chest 4 that's for sure.

pcorf said:

Before Community Chest 4 that's for sure.

That's sure not narrowing it down very much :P

i stated my 2nd map a few days ago.
it's for episode 2 or 3
please all my name to list for back up.

i will finish it before the deadline.
and i will keep on mapping, no matter there has open slot or not.

Map slot: 9
Map name: Ruined Kingdom
Custom music: Yes
Progress: 20 - 25% done

I want to finish this map before the end of September, though I don't know it is possible or not. I have to return to the university now.

Some Screen Shots
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_revi01.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_revi02.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_revi03.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_revi04.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_revi05.jpg
http://cacocacodemon.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pl_revi06.jpg

I shall like having the slot 10 or 11.
I began my map there is already a moment, but I am going to rebuild a part of the map which pleases me not...

I shall post a screen later.

Edit,

i'm glad to see some people aggressively asking for 'filled' map spots. finished maps flowed fluently in the past few months, but nothing new arrived in september. it clearly says some people are either slacking or taking too long to design&detail a pl-vanilla map. there's no reason why the remaining map spots should be more difficult to fill in. maybe cc4 is your destination if your map takes a few months to create.

Thanks DeathevokatioN ^^

I work currently on several projects, sorry if I am for the delay on the realization of my map. I have a lot of idea now, I shall try to finish the map for November.

A other screen :

dew said:

i'm glad to see some people aggressively asking for 'filled' map spots. finished maps flowed fluently in the past few months, but nothing new arrived in september. it clearly says some people are either slacking or taking too long to design&detail a pl-vanilla map. there's no reason why the remaining map spots should be more difficult to fill in. maybe cc4 is your destination if your map takes a few months to create.

Well I've finished my map months ago, despite that I've not yet heard from all the playtesters, now I'm tempted to just send what I've fixed to Joshy.

Plus that Go 2 It-type map has been going around for awhile and I'm not sure if that's ever going to get worked on or completed.

My second map is coming along. It should be in tester's hands by October.

The difficulty is in thinking of interesting decor.

I've been mapping a bit slower than I expected but my map is almost ready for testing. I just need to add some more items and monsters. Here are some screenshots:

Looks like a map in the style of "The Final Frontier" (if memory serves me correct) and Hell Revealed's "Post Mortem". I love maps like that, it looks great! Just hope the difficulty isn't as insane as "Post Mortem".

tatsurd-cacocaco said:

The dark lines on the edges of the wood textures, combined with the absence of such strong contrast on the rest, gives a cartoony look to these screenshots. As if there's an incomplete cell-shading effect going on. It makes the other textures look very flat to me. I'd suggest looking for different wood textures, that integrate better in the scene.

Gez said:
The dark lines on the edges of the wood textures, combined with the absence of such strong contrast on the rest, gives a cartoony look to these screenshots. As if there's an incomplete cell-shading effect going on. It makes the other textures look very flat to me. I'd suggest looking for different wood textures, that integrate better in the scene.

Yeah, but the same combination of textures is used in Map02 of Plutonia, and it works. Much of the flatness seems to be from the contrasts created by the engine and its brightness, which makes each texture type stand out, but maybe this map uses brighter sectors... I wonder how the same place looks in vanilla at usegamma 0.

Seems to me like more of a combination between the jpeg compression and the texture filtering in the screenshots. I'll bet it looks better in-game.

If any of the musicians are still available, I'd like an original song for the level I made before submitting it. Just let me know and I'll send you the map for inspiration.

Mista_T said:

My second map is coming along. It should be in tester's hands by October.

The difficulty is in thinking of interesting decor.

I've always wondered how people get their maps to look like this. Practice, I suppose.

Marnetmar said:

I've always wondered how people get their maps to look like this. Practice, I suppose.

13-ish years of it, in my case. ;)