Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

I've been working on a short map so far, probably half done in structure.

I call it, "Gambit".

C30N9 said:

There is a weird glitch which a teleporter...

It's a bug in Final Doom. When teleporting the height is not set.
Make teleporter floor heights the same where possible.

4mer said:

It's a bug in Final Doom. When teleporting the height is not set.
Make teleporter floor heights the same where possible.

Not sure if that's entirely necessary. Most people re going to play this through a port of some kind, and the problem will be fixed there.

It won't affect compatibility it will just be a minor inconvenience for some users.

Edit: As long as everyone tests their maps with chocolate doom / original doom / choco renderlimits it should be OK (any problems should be noticeable).

It appears that the bug you will be teleported at the same height you were at before.

Anyway since my map is about to be completed, if anyone enjoyed to write music that fits he is welcome :P

The mapslot i like to put is MAP10 if not taken.

C30N9 said:

Anyway since my map is about to be completed, if anyone enjoyed to write music that fits he is welcome :P

>.>
<.<
-sends message-

Good News, I am almost finished with my map.
I hope I can put the finishing touches on the map tomorrow.
If needed, I can upload some photo's.
So let me know, and I'll gladly load/make some.
I don't have a name yet for the level, or an idea for a map slot, would like a custom music on my level.
Something that sounds as a rock/metal song, that would be awesome.

Making pitfalls was fast, i think im open for.... 3 maps?
I JUST HOPE MY MAP BECOMES IN THIS PROJECT، i never entered a community project before.

Mista looking good map! Can we have ingame screenies?

Whoop! Finally got the first release candidate of the map out, bringing the total time taken to "only" 5 months or so.

And then I went insane and started this:

More brown, and more map. I figure as long as there's a chance that a slot or two is left, I'll try my hand at filling one of them in. It's a much-shorter spiritual sequel to Helix (hence the brown), but will fit anywhere in E2 or E3 really (though I have it in MAP20's slot for now since it's 'free' according to the first post).

I have slot 20...I posted earlier when I could make my return since football is over. My map is started and I'm still working on it...If you want slot 20 you could have it since my map isn't that far.

Good stuff Xaser... but I thought it was for Map15. I hope you got the secret exit in it! :P

Hmm? Helix is MAP15 -- I made sure to check the wad before I sent it to you that the map lump was changed (and if somehow it's still MAP18, then double whoops). I was talking about the new one when I mentioned MAP20, if that's the point of confusion.

The final name for my submitted map is "Enigma Helix," for the record. Also, I'm thinking of calling the new one "Wicked Garden" because I feel like making the reference.

And thanks for the comments so far! Good to hear this is somewhat on a likable track.

Here's a map screen so far, for the size estimate:

The new areas on the right side should be roughly equal in size to the ones on the left (though with more open space), for reference.

Ohhhhh haha, my bad! My brain is far from the delicate goo it was a few weeks ago. :P Keep up the good work!

TendaMonsta said:

Since Xaser took map20 which map should I work on now?

Well, I did mention before that the testers and I will be discussing which maps will make it in the top 32 and which will occupy which slots based on their themes and difficulties. So, no slots will be specially reserved apart from Map7,15,30,31 and 32 (and if one is deemed special enough to replace another, then it can). I can't guarantee that you'll get the slot you ask for.

I wasn't meaning to snag the slot from you, Tenda. Joshy's got the final say on what goes where anyway -- I just mentioned it randomly as sort of an idea of where I think it'll be in terms of progression/difficulty/whatnot. Nothing more than that right now -- keep working on your map all the same, I say. ;)

If things do change in terms of map slots, I'd like to know if mine get a different sky than intended - light levels may need to be changed to match the brightness (only a problem from red to bright gray or vice-versa).

Mista_T said:

If things do change in terms of map slots, I'd like to know if mine get a different sky than intended - light levels may need to be changed to match the brightness (only a problem from red to bright gray or vice-versa).

Most of the maps will get the slots according to the episode they were made for. It should be fine. ;-)

Plutonia Map Finished:
Name: Pitfalls
Music: Into Sandy's City
Difficulty Settings: Yes/Multiplayer added flags
Slot: Non Selected

*Joshy, check PMs*

I finished my map, where do i need to send it to?

[Map Info]

Map Name: Anslaight

Map Name Trivia: Anslaight is the Etymology of the word Onslaught

Map Slot: 10 (after long thinking and arguing with myself)

Song: Didn't got a response yet from someone willing to make one.

Size: I'd say it's a Medium-Large Level.

Monster Flags:
ITYTD&HNTR: 111 Enemies
HMP: 116 Enemies
UV&NM: 120 Enemies

Multiplayer: Player Starts, Some Multiplayer Monsters No decorations and weapons (for now no weapons)

Weapons able to find in map:

Shotgun
Super Shotgun
Chaingun
Rocket Launcher

Map lay-out: bit base-like. A large outside area (divided). and an area with Hellish bricks. (bonus: A nice door in a door effect (probably old effect but still...))

Map Size Link: http://img440.imageshack.us/i/levelgt.png/ you can see it here

Strongest Enemy: (varies, on the person who plays it) (my opinion: Baron Of Hell for ITYTD&HNTR) (HMP+UV&NM Spider MasterMind)

Little Trivia:

The place with the broken like Plutonia exit was originally going to be the player start point.

Well guess that gives a rough summary about the map.

Expect in-game screens soon!

Hmm... this is odd. I managed to get the map layout and half the gameplay done today. Weird... if I keep this pace up, I'll have the doggamn thing done before I can even get real internet.

No screens yet, since I'm on my phone as sorta-but-not-really hinted at in the previous sentence.