Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

I looked around the first pages and saw some of the map's layout and it looked very unique, I would never succeed to build such maps (at least now in my first year).
I also played the rebuilt map 17 that was released and I enjoyed from it and if it didn't make it into the project so I can infer that the maps that made it in are really in high level also in the game level and also in the design.
I hope that you will pass the testing part very fast without alot of problems, can't wait until the release :D well until then I'm training on plutonia&plutonia2.

Question: this wad is intended for co-op as people have been doing co-op testing. Will this wad be put up on a community server? Because few people actually go for co-op unless it's on a public server. I suggest getting Grandvoid to host the server. There is a wide variety of servers to choose from, and they are pretty popular, the best being the ZOMBIE HORDE wad and a recently released ALL OUT OMEGA WAR.

Rambosee said:

Will this wad be put up on a community server?

i certainly hope so, i'd hate all that extra work go to waste. :)

Status update! We are SO CLOSE! Where does this project stand?

Also, Josh - did you get my changes in the PM I sent you?

Mista_T said:

Status update! We are SO CLOSE! Where does this project stand?

Also, Josh - did you get my changes in the PM I sent you?

Several mappers have yet to send in their updates, am kinda waiting on them; I have received yours Mista_T, no worries :-)

i think map19 needs more coop stuff. it is a tough map even in singleplayer, solo-net seemed extremely painful and coop itself would probably be a massacre.
- health. in small doses, but around the whole map.
- green armors - three or four scattered around the map?
- ssg ammo, a shell box or two in every main room! the other ammo types seem estimated right, but shells are always running out.

I'll update my map once I know testing is completely done (or is it already?). That way I won't have to make a bunch of separate updates/uploads.

mek, i don't have the courage and willpower to test your map in solo-net and with the IDL season in full swing there's no demand for cooping. however a rough estimate tells me you did a good job on adding enough stuff to kill all the other stuff and perhaps survive the experience.
the only issue i know about should be removing secret tags from the av-jump sectors. they should remain easter eggs, not regular secrets. dragging the archies all the way there is way too impractical to impose it on regular sane players. :)

dew said:

the only issue i know about should be removing secret tags from the av-jump sectors. they should remain easter eggs, not regular secrets. dragging the archies all the way there is way too impractical to impose it on regular sane players. :)

Heh, yea you have a point there. That is unless I make some sort of alternate way down there that doesn't require the AV, but then I guess that would take away from some of the reward of finding the secret.

I do hope that the coop things are balanced well enough. I didn't really have much of a way to test it (no friends to play Doom with ;_;) Your estimate does give me some semblance of reassurance though. All I really did was use the single player thing placements as a skeleton to add the coop things. So it's really just more of everything; I didn't put a whole lot of though into it, obviously :P.

Ah man I've been out of the loop for too long, it's almost done. Good thing it looks like there's only a few problems with map27 - just a green armor in the sewers bit and a 3d mode camera? Will see what I can do wednesday as it's 2:40 am ...

Joshy said:

Several mappers have yet to send in their updates, am kinda waiting on them; I have received yours Mista_T, no worries :-)

Did you recieve my update?

Phobus said:

Did you recieve my update?

Yup I did, thanks! :-)

Gonna wait for a few more maps update, then I'll release the first public release testing version. I know it's been a while since the project was actually completed but testing does take a while... :3 (Not to mention, I've started my uni semester, including some philosophy subjects which will take quite a time, depending on how well I time manage... D:)

Is there anyone who could apply the suggested changes by the testers to my maps (especially then the multiplayer part for "Asmodeus Circle")? I would do it myself, but unfortunately I really don't have time for it these days, and I don't want the testers work to go to waste either and bring down the project's overall quality. =(

Keeper of Jericho said:

Is there anyone who could apply the suggested changes by the testers to my maps (especially then the multiplayer part for "Asmodeus Circle")? I would do it myself, but unfortunately I really don't have time for it these days, and I don't want the testers work to go to waste either and bring down the project's overall quality. =(

I'll do it. ;-)

Okay, I am now fixing Map19, 12, 05, 21 for the authors.

Am also awaiting on the remaining authors whose maps needs fixing, I believe is Xaser and Mechadon? I hope you guys can get it sent in like ASAVP (as soon as virtually possible :P) so I can upload a public testing version. If you want to fix something in your map but I uploaded the public testing version, don't fret for it is a testing version still, only public. It'll provide one more chance to input your fixes.

I'd like to double check that no-one's missing from the txt info once again and all's good with it: http://pastebin.com/bgPgq1KH

Ah ok, I still wasn't sure if the testing phase was finished or not. I can probably make my changes sometime tomorrow and get it to you then :)

Sent my fixes into Joshy. My map is now completely finished.

I also suggest that we pile onto a coop server and blast through the whole wad when we're done, assuming we can get a big enough server.

Whoo said:

Sent my fixes into Joshy. My map is now completely finished.

I also suggest that we pile onto a coop server and blast through the whole wad when we're done, assuming we can get a big enough server.

Private Server maybe? Also I enjoyed your map very much. And since you added more MooMoos I'll enjoy it even more.

Ouch. :P

Also, something I thought about: Should I send over the .mus-ified versions of the new midis I was able to convert (basically, everything besides MAP10 and MAP32)? They refused to play in Chocolate Doom otherwise.

I just sent my updates to Joshy. There really wasn't much to change either. It literally took me 5 minutes :P. Since MAP30 uses those cool midtexture wall teleport pads, I added some to the exit room of my map so there would be a little connectivity between the two. Aside from the really minor bugs reported, that's about all I did. Anyways, it should be good to go :)

Xaser said:

Ouch. :P

Also, something I thought about: Should I send over the .mus-ified versions of the new midis I was able to convert (basically, everything besides MAP10 and MAP32)? They refused to play in Chocolate Doom otherwise.

Hmmm, if they really don't play in chocolate doom (the midis I mean) then we should have the .mus files instead. For me, my chocolate doom runs all the midi music just fine apart from Map32. Map10's music actually works. I don't know what the difference is...

PRIMEVAL said:

Doesn't sound very comfortable.

Yes, it was rather disturbingly arousing... oh wait I mean uncomfortable... me and my big mouth... :P

EDIT: I am having an issue at the moment trying to implement some images to replace level graphics and credit screen graphics. Whether they're png or bmp, everytime I convert them into 'doom graphics', they look like vomit, like a complete stuff-up... I'm not sure how I can even import it properly and make it appear properly... am using Slumped but I have a sneaking suspicion it is playing up. Might need someone to put the images into a wad file for me. Any ideas?
EDIT2: All fixed now, thanks to The Green Herring.

Okay folks, here is the public release test version of Plutonia: Revisited Community Project!

DOWNLOAD>>> http://www.mediafire.com/?2s2r6n9z75r6g47

The public testing release is to double check that all is functioning properly and is doable in co-operative, fill in the remaining information in the txtinfo and to give another chance for the authors and me (if I've missed or stuffed up something) to make some changes if necessary. Note that the demo1,2,3 lumps has not been made and replaced but will be implemented in the proper release version.

Note to the speedrunning/demo recorders: this is not the final version, so there are possibilities of your recorded demos desyncing if some maps happen to require fixing up.

Enjoy!

And here I was thinking I was going to get sleep tonight. This is exciting :)