Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Facial Hair

So, what about it? What kind of facial hair do you guys (hopefully not the girls :P) sport, or wish you could sport? As for me, I usually keep a few day's worth of beardage on my face, even though my beard is patchy. I mean I have beardage in all the right areas, it's just that some areas are more sparse than others. Like my cheeks, for example - my beard's spread pretty thin there. And my moustache barely connects to the rest of my beard, so the handlebar 'tache is out of the question :P
Heh, come to think of it, not one of the guys in my family can grow a manly man beard :D

I've had a mustache and goatee for at least 10 years. They used to be a lot thicker, but I'm thinning it and will start going clean shaven before the end of the month.

Oh, and no sideburns anymore.

I have about two months' growth, because I got tired of shaving. It'll come off eventually.

I'm lazy so I don't shave every day, but don't like to go beyond a few days because then using the electric razor is like a torture session. So I either have no hair, or a little stubble. I tried goatee/beard before, but I'm not crazy about it and prefer no hair. In fact, in the summer months I also regularly shave most of my scalp hair (using smallest gap on a pair of electric clippers). In the winter, I just let it grow long. A decade ago, I used to never cut it, so had really long hair, but eventually got tired of dealing with it. I don't do anything special with other body hair.

I shave quite irregularly, so my bearded periods can range from days to months. I don't really care what I look like, but I usually keep fairly clean shaven so that I don't have to listen to people repeatedly tell me that I look like some old hobo.

So yeah, it's either full-faced stubble, a scraggly full-faced animal beard, or nothing. I've considered wearing a toothbrush moustache, or a bird-like neckbeard (largely to irritate my family and neighbours with), but I'm not really interested in maintaining either.

Where is Jodwin? His mastery of pogonotropy is l1ke, t3h h4x, d00d.

As for me, I've tried growing a beard a few times. The problem is that while I have plentyful chin/neck hair, the moustache leaves a lot to be desired and I end up looking like an orangutan, plus neck hair looks like ass and feels like jock itch with the slightest heat, so I generally revert to a goatee and a clean neck, which sooner or later I end up getting too fed up with trimming/shaving just right, make a mistake, and shave the whole thing off.

Perhaps my worse look ever was when I had a goatee without a moustache, which made me look kinda like an asshole character in a bad 2000s American "comedy".
Or the Postal dude.

That, and nearly two years of military service, made me currently go for a clean shave. And a hair trim/shave, too.

I have a goatee with connecting sideburns and stache. Unfortunately, the stache doesn't connect to the beard...wish it would :( Right now, it's rather thin, it used to be quite bushy.

Every time I've grown a beard it started from pure laziness and a few weeks where I didn't have to impress anybody (larval stages of beards look stupid).

I've had a beard for the last couple years. It started as laziness again, but then a certain woman I like remembered she liked my beard before. hehehe All the people I met in the last couple years know me only with a beard so I'm certainly not shaving it now.

I suspect if I let it grow I could very easily manage a giant mess of a beard like several Presidents of the United States after the civil war. :D

I don't like having facial fur at all so I'm usually clean shaven. If it was up to me id never grow any facial hair at all. Find it annoying.

About a month ago I had this mountain-man thing going on because I was too lazy to shave it off. Right now I keep it trimmed short because it likes to get really unruly if I let it go. I haven't been clean shaven in close to 5 years now.

You have to go back four generations to find a decent beard in my family. <reaches for cordless shaver>

Until I started working at my current job, where they required my bead shaven, I had both the mustache I've got now as well as a well-trimmed beard.

I don't grow facial hair. I cultivate that shit.

Ever dry shaved before? Depending on how thick your face fur is, that shit hurts, even IF you damp your beardage down with hot water. At least that's my experience. :(

Currently recovering from a clean shave, so I kind of have a stubble thing going on.

Also is there any technique to getting your mustache to connect to your beard or is it just a natural thing?

Shadow Dweller said:

Also is there any technique to getting your mustache to connect to your beard or is it just a natural thing?

I used to have this problem. In my case I was just accidentally shaving too close to my mouth without noticing, which is apparently easy to do. So what I did was I didn't come within an inch of the sides of my mouth for about two weeks. This gave me more hair to work with and so it was easier to see as I shaped it.

I've tried and failed to grow different beards at several stages of my life. I can never pull it off. The moustache, the sideburns and the hair around the neck all look ok but the area covering my chin is much lighter in colour than everywhere else making the whole thing look crappy, regardless of whether it's a full beard or a goatee. Keeping said area shaved while letting everything else grow looks equally bad. I think I'll never develop homogeneously dark facial hair.

So yeah, I go clean shaven. Short-ish sideburns. I don't shave every day because I can't be bothered, so I generally have two or three days worth of stubble (aforementioned contrast in colours are not noticeable until it gets to a certain length) before I shave it off again.

I've had a goatee for around 3/4 years now, i can't really picture myself without it. I keep it neatly trimmed every couple of days, otherwise i'd be Scott Ian. I hate having a tash so i shave that off every morning.

Usually clean shaven, but lately, because of the cold, I've been letting it grow.

But I have a job interview on monday so I'll have to shave again :(

Right now I have long sideburns that everyone seems to love. I usually change facial hair every so often, because I can grow it. Lots of women love me with scruff, but I think it makes me look like a bum.