Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cre47

Hell's Massacre

I've briefly discuss on a previous wad, but I'm currently working on a 32-level megawad since September 2010. Already, most the level building and layout and things placement is done (in each of the three categories, though only monsters are different from each skill). I have been constantly trying to detail many of my larger levels since I always have the impression my levels look empty, though I've been constantly added ceilings holes, pillars, pentagrams, torches on platform, small platforms and lighting and other decorations still looks bare. While, I've did a lot of testing of all my levels, it is still quite a way's to go before you will be able especially due to the details left to add and the script if I suddenly decide to go crazy.

Right now I don't plan on using Duke/Hexen/Heretic or Wolfenstein-type texture (though I might decide if suddenly i become confortable with the script editing, though I'm planning only on changing the music and the level names and maybe some other stuff.

Here are the current level names which will obviously change, some looks crappy or just simply cheap and stupid of course right now. Hopefully I don't do some spoiling, but the names it might give some bit of preview of some of the level themes. Note in brackets are the potential music themes (identified I will be or thinking of using and I might add some that were not used in previous megawads (thinking of DKC2 for example) Some of the levels might have two or three possible music theme since I'm not sure what using.
--------------------------------------
Level 1: Ready to Rumble (NDCP 1/SPD 2)
Level 2: Technophobia (C1024 Map 2 or C1024 29 or DKC2 Hornet Hole)
Level 3: Deepest Fears (VF 17 or DV 2 29/DKC2 Bramble Blast)
Level 4: The City of The Spirits (SPD 25)
Level 5: Nukage Failure (PL2 28/SCY2 15)
Level 6: Hot Air (NDCP 2 6/SPD 6)
Level 7: Simple to Die (PL2 7 or SDM 7)
Level 8: Meli-Melo (CC 3 8)
Level 9: Area 336 (CC 3 13)
Level 10: From Sun to Dark (AV 10 or CC 3 8 or DKC Forest Interlude)
Level 11: The Battlefield (DV 2 22 (2nd version), AV 29/SDM 20)
Level 12: Stone Ridge (PL2 17)
Level 13: Cramped Base (C1024 13)
Level 14: Free for All (SDM 14, AV 29/SDM 20)
Level 15: Ghost Town 500 (HR 13, CC3 19)
Level 16: Square Off (PL2 26 or C1024 16, VF 16)
Level 17: Archy-Phobia (VF 5 or DV 1 02/DV 2 22 1st version/DKC 2 Krook's March)
Level 18: Hard Ball (WS 18 or PL2 20)
Level 19: The Inmost Dens Version X (PL 2 20)
Level 20: Christine's Lab (C1024 2 20)
Level 21: Express from Hell (VF 10, SCY 2 23/TW 22)
Level 22: The Gardens of the Damned (SPD 19)
Level 23: Inferno (DV 1 04 or SY 2 23/TW 22 or WS 25, DV 2 21 2nd version)
Level 24: Total Pwnage (NDCP 2 24 or SC2 24)
Level 25: Hell Land (WS 28, WS 26)
Level 26: Base 274 (C1024 2 22 or PL2 26)
Level 27: Town of Doom (C1024 27)
Level 28: Heart of Pirate (SDM 28/TW 28 or WS 28)
Level 29: Ruins of the Castle of Excalibur (PL 2 29)
Level 30: Romero's Return (AV 10/CC3 30 or C1024 2 30)
Level 31: The Marble Palace (C1024 26, VF 17, SDM 10/CC 1 21)
Level 32: Ready 4 It (C1024 31, PL2 32, C1024 26)
---------------------------------------------------

Anyways, it will take a lot of time before release, so there is plenty of time for significant change along the way. Hopefully, this will be ready before the end of this year.

Meanwhile, I might set a Twitter acount on progress of the WAD, though the account might also be for many subjects outside of this wad project.

Just to make it clear in regards to the abreviations even though most might know them since a long while

DKC 2 - Donkey Kong Country 2
SDM - Speed of Doom
TW - Twilight Zone
CC - Community Chest
CC 3 - Community Chest 3
AV - Alien Vendetta
C1024 or Clau - Claustrophobia 1024
C1024 2 or Clau 2- Claustrophonia 1024 2
DV 1 - Deus Vult 1
DV 2 - Deus Vult 2
PL 2 - Plutonia 2
WS - Whispers of Satan
VF - Vile Flesh
NDCP 2 - New Doom Community Project 2
SCY 2 - Scythe 2
HR - Hell Revealed

Chex Warrior said:

Sounds cool! Got any screens?

I might eventually put screen shots, but I would prefer to improve the architecture details first as some main rooms look bare also don't want to add too much info just yet not to mention there might be some significant changes

Also the account is launched at Twitter. Although, I won't just talk about only the Wad Project, so there might be some mixing with different topics.

You say that you use music from Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta, but all (expect AV MAP20) the music from those megawads are taken from other sources.

Looks like a cool project, Hope it will not be abandonned :(
Also, I think you will have to ask for permission to use some of the musics, I'm thinking of PL2 for example wich clearly stated in the TXT:
"Authors may not use the recources included in this file as base for modifications or reuse" or something like that.
Anyways, I'm looking forward for this ^^

The_Trigger said:

Looks like a cool project, Hope it will not be abandonned :(
Also, I think you will have to ask for permission to use some of the musics, I'm thinking of PL2 for example wich clearly stated in the TXT:
"Authors may not use the recources included in this file as base for modifications or reuse" or something like that.
Anyways, I'm looking forward for this ^^

This will be dealt later on in regards to the songs that are used in WS, PL2 and CLO 1024 among others. I just want simply to put stuff different from UD, D2, TNT and PL1. Even without, those from PL2, etc, I might have enough to put without putting the older doom that are still used in the newer wads (i,e the latest Plutonia Wad for example)

I'm still a few months away from that, since there is still a lot detailing left. Progressing slowly but surely.

A playlist from existing uploaded videos is set on Youtube BTW. Some of them are from UV-Max runs videos (Clau 1024 2 Map 20, DV 04, some are not uploading at all (SPD 25).

jointritual said:

I want to nominate The Inmost Dens Version X for the "Most Silliest Level Title" Cacoward.

Yeah, that wasn't a really original one, so it will likely change probably even without the Inmost Dens mention.