Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Your Political Side

Snakes said:

Oh, and for the record, here's Grey Ghost's glorious html view of where Doomworlders stood at the time:

Compass

Wow, I went even further down and left. It's like I'm turning into some sort of hippy or something.

Mr. Freeze said:

Used to be a Republican, but switched over to Libertarianism once I realized that my views were only 10% right wing and 90% centrist.

You mean that instance where you "switched" to Libertarianism but still voted Republicans? Explain to an European pinko how that's supposed to work :-p

Filled it out just for fun:-

Guess I'm a bit of a left-wing hippy by US standards.

Economic Left/Right: 3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.46

I think I moved further downward. Fuck yeah.

Maes said:

You mean that instance where you "switched" to Libertarianism but still voted Republicans? Explain to an European pinko how that's supposed to work :-p

Yeah...I'm still kicking myself for saying that. I say "saying" and not "voting", because I voted independent during the Massachusetts Gubernatorial Election, seeing as that was the next election after I made that statement.

Wish I could've voted Bob Barr back in 2008, but oh well. To this day, I'll say that McCain/Palin would've been even worse than Obama is.

Mr. Chris said:

Many left leaning folks here it seems.

I think I'm still the furthest one, too. Do I win a gold star?

For some reason, I always thought there was a more sizable right-leaning crowd here.

Snakes said:
~16 or so months ago:

Economic: -6.38
Social: -4.87

Economically, nothing has really changed. Socially, I've gone down to a -6.22

Yeah, that's the previous thread about this political compass. My post there links to older ones, as well.

Technician said:

Yeah, Goddamn homos and atheists and evolution n' shit.

I think a lot of people are closet right wingers because of their implied association to such views.

Sigvatr said:

I think a lot of people are closet right wingers because of their implied association to such views.

That's probably true. Because the crazy ones make the most noise, it creates a stereotype which I'm sure that the conservatives that are actually sane aren't proud of.

Sigvatr said:

yeah, but they can't escape it. they were born that way and sooner or later they will realize their nature and blossom into a wonderful flaming right winger.

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.13

Heh. By French standards, I'm far on the upper right, right about where Sarkozy is.

Foodles said:

<stares into crystal ball>
I see forum-goers speaking your name in reverentially and cowering timorously in your virtual presence. Your every pronouncement elicits awe and fear in equal measure.
<the image fades>

Yep - you're going to be a forum administrator. ;-)

I've updated the graph - this year's additions are the violet dots.

I'm too lazy to do the test again, but last time I got:

Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.64

I came out slightly to the left but strongly libertarian. One thing I think these tests tend to ignore, though, at least in my opinion, is how willing one is to make compromises on their views. For example, I am fairly flexible when it comes to economic issues, but on social issues, I can't really make many compromises.