Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xvertigox

Possible Batman Doom bug

I've played Batman Doom (batman.wad & batman.deh) under gzdoom and prboom+ and under both engines the player seems to be much shorter than the enemies/out of scale with the environment. Was it originally like this or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to play through it but it just take me out of the game when I see 12 foot tall enemies ;(

Pretty sure the problem is unavoidable, and it was always that way. The enemy sprite replacements are huge, and the standard player height pales in comparison. As far as I know, the only thing that can change player view height is fragglescript, and I have no clue how to use it anyway.

Ok, I thought as much. I've tried chocolate doom but it doesn't run Batman Doom properly and crashes within seconds. Can anyone confirm that it was designed like this?

It's designed that way, yes. There was no way to alter the player's view height in Doom2.exe.

It should run in Chocolate Doom without any issues if you use -deh to load the dehacked patch and -merge to load the wad (instead of -file).

I usually use PrBoom for Batman Doom and it works just fine. Zdoom/gzdoom don't work properly with the game for some reason