Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xeros612

Doom sounds in The Witcher 2?

Doom used a commonly used commercial sound library, and id happened to use many of the same sound effects in Doom as countless of TV and movie producers used.

I thought that this was common knowledge already. When will people quit making these threads?

I was so happy when I heard the woosh of the boss cube used in Pootie Tang for the sound of the magical belt. :D

All I can hear is some insufferable cunt talking

Why would you watch this?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline of history, you are over there, etc. Doom got all of its sounds from a sound library. So do many other places. X-Com had the same door sounds as Doom. Just yesterday, TotalBiscuit posted a video of some game and someone was like "OMG they ripped off the parrot sound from Windwaker" or something, and I also recognised the sound as being in Spore. Again, sound libraries.

destx said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:|

Granted, Lewis is the most uninteresting person in the Yogscast. I much prefer watching Simon or Hannah play games.

If you watch Maes's "Ultimate bathroom of Doom" video you'll hear a sound very much like a processed Doom marine pain sound too.

destx said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thick nasally voices are considered sexy these days

Sodaholic said:

Doom used a commonly used commercial sound library, and id happened to use many of the same sound effects in Doom as countless of TV and movie producers used.

We need a special forum tag for that boilerplate text, like the infamous [newproject] one. Maybe [doomsounds] ?

Also every nature program ever uses the same damn animal noises in post-production. Bears are especially noticable.

What I find funny is when doom sound effects are used for entirely inappropriate purposes -- I remember one time in middle school, we watched a video on tsunamis and they talked about a mini-tsunami that was formed by something like very large rocks falling into a lake and causing trouble. The footage showed the rocks falling in and then a boat getting sunk. Before the rocks started falling, however, they put a little message on screen showing "Sounds simulated" or something like that. And simulated was quite correct, because I don't think rocks hitting stuff and falling into a lake sounds like rocket explosions, and I'm pretty sure the first-person perspective of being on a boat being submerged sounds just like a doom teleporter.

One day I was walking in the park when I heard a monstrous feline sound similar to the pinky demon death sound. Instead of investigating the source, I decided to turn back and run away. I later found out on TV that it was indeed a prank set up for the people there. Silly me.

printz said:

monstrous feline sound similar to the pinky demon death sound.

...how can the sound of a snorting pig followed by a thud sound like a monstrous feline????

Maes said:

...how can the sound of a snorting pig followed by a thud sound like a monstrous feline????

The demon death sound is like a snorting big cat, not pig.

printz said:

The demon death sound is like a snorting big cat, not pig.

Whenever I hear snorting, I immediately think of pigs. Didn't even know big cats are supposed to snort. And plus, the pinkies themselves have something pig/wild boar-like in their color, behavior etc.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Remember this video? Doom music in Czech TV Programme:

What the Hell?

GeckoYamori said:

Also every nature program ever uses the same damn animal noises in post-production. Bears are especially noticable.

I know I posted this not too long ago in another thread, but it's especially fitting now:

Using the Doom music in that Czech politics stuff was just out of place.

Mr. Chris said:

Using the Doom music in that Czech politics stuff was just out of place.

indeed. but its kinda cool thoug.