Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violator

Far Cry 3

Sorry, but Crysis came out 4 years ago.

Even the crappy corrugated iron buildings and jeeps look the same! WTF!

I guess I am easily bought by the bright, open tropical island setting. Too bad they are working off modern gameplay mechanics so it seems.

Of course I love the tropical setting too :P but this just seems so.......done.

I agree, the original was amazing, and it came out of no-where at the time when everyone had shifted their attention to the Doom 3 and Half Life 2 release, just wish I had a better pc back then...

It amuses me that people compare this game to Crysis rather than the original Far Cry. :p If anything, this is a return to form for the franchise.

This game looks shit hot right now but I'm going to wait on this. The E3 demo was obviously scripted, and Ubi has a bad habit of hyping a game up then releasing a half baked product with more bad ideas than good. That said I was enjoying Far Cry 2 before I left on vacation so who knows.

Bleh Far Cry, The main character was such a douche. Then when the dumb monster things started showing up it lost me completely. I just wanted that dude to die horribly.

Snarboo said:

This game looks shit hot right now but I'm going to wait on this. The E3 demo was obviously scripted, and Ubi has a bad habit of hyping a game up then releasing a half baked product with more bad ideas than good.

This. I did enjoy the first one, for what it's worth, but it really doesn't look like this guy's not that much different from a lot of other modern games out there. 'Course, we'd nearly say that about anything these days... :P

+10?

I can see they took the sliding mechanic from Bulletstorm, did it come bundled with a scoring system?

Snarboo said:

It amuses me that people compare this game to Crysis rather than the original Far Cry. :p If anything, this is a return to form for the franchise.

Except it has nothing to do with Far Cry (1).

It'd be nice if they'd cut down on the cutscenes a bit, but I always wanted to do crysis as a regular dude without the suit for laughs, and this my fill that need.

Yea Jack Carver was an awesome character to play as, I don't get why everyone makes him out to be an unlikeable character.

The more I review this E3 demo of Fc3 the less excited I am about the title, too many pointless features and scripted events. Going to wait before I buy it, if it has health regen then they have lost a sale.

Too much sitting behind cover and not enough running around at 60 miles per hour. I'm out.

Technician said:

Far Cry 2 and 3 are both far cries from the original.

I don't get it.

AndrewB said:

I don't get it.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/a+far+cry+from

Incidentally, this was the silliest idea for game name to start with. Almost like it was originally intended to be a tech demo with an ostentatious title but was later fleshed out into a a full game when it was realized what a great game it could make. But since the final product has more than a whiff of spoof about it I guess it works.

Violator said:

Yea Jack Carver was an awesome character to play as, I don't get why everyone makes him out to be an unlikeable character.

Crappy voice acting, terrible one-liner attempts.

Ok, so what I'm getting from the first minute of the video is.... the basic storyline premise is a complete rehash of Far Cry 1. I mean, seriously. "Your boat crashed, your girlfriend's missing, and you're stuck on a mysterious island with a dark secret."

Other than that, it's looking alright, aside from the "make everything important glow so you don't have to think!" and the +15 the player got for stabbing that guy. What is this, multiplayer now? Oh, and the obvious regenerating health. Come on.

Graphically it looks pretty decent, though it's hard to accurately tell what with machinima being the idiots they usually are and providing a 360p max video.

I can't say I'm too likely to go for it given the financial situation and all, but it doesn't look too bad.