Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Skybox originals

Does there exist skybox versions of the original Doom and Doom2 skies that look nicer when looking up, optionally have some moving clouds or other stuff? If so, please post links.

Oh, and this is for GZDoom and Skulltag I am asking for.

I see good ones for E1 and E3 but will have to find something for E2, maybe that shot for Map08.

All I have to do is some cut-pasting and altering the skybox parameters.

Actually the first map uses mountains from E2. The E1 mountains aren't in there. I think there's one with a gray sky, if you had a cutout of E1 mountains I think you could use that.

After taking a look at the contents, it doesn't appear I can just cut-paste since it looks like it uses that 2 sky sector/line trick.

None of the MAPINFO lumps provide any info that it is used like a skybox.

Moving skies doesn't needs skyboxes. In some wads, they are just animated textures. (But I personaly think that making a skybox for the specific map is a way better) For the E1 montains, check skulltag_main.pk3. It contains E1, E2, and E3 montains in isolated textures, plus, lots of original doom skies with extra height, like Doom2's SKY1 and SKY2.

I'd like a Heretic episode 3 skybox. It's the only sky that really, really needs one.