Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xvertigox

NZ/Aus players wanted

I'm looking for 3 players to start some regular (at least weekly) games of coop. We'd play a big range of wads and other Doom engine games. I've never had the opportunity to play coop with decent players so I'm pretty excited to get this going. Not sure which port we'd use but I can host servers with decent ping (40-50 for nz players, probably 80-100 for aus)- we can work out the logistics later. I can also probably get us a vent channel easily so we can have comms. Having a mic is essential. This will be a fun, easy going thing so don't be shy :]

I've only had experience hosting servers with zdaemon so I guess we'd use Zdoom. If there are any better ports (skulltag?) we can use that so long as I can manage to host a server (which should easily be doable with any reasonable port). I'll start sorting stuff out~

I run Ubuntu, so an Ubuntu friendly engine would be nice.

[edit] how about chocolate doom?

This sounds like fun. I haven't actually had a decent co-op experience yet on doom. A weekly online thing for us locals would be great.

Would this be Zdaemon or Skulltag? I'm assuming it is the former. I live in Sydney by the way. Keep us posted!

Ok I've got a few Mumble servers/channels we can use without any problems. We will probably be using Zdaemon but I'm also keen to play some chocolate Doom for the more authentic feel. Do you guys have Steam? That's the easiest way to reach me so pm me your steam details and we can chat in realtime. If need be I can start using my MSN account for this so send me those details if you don't use Steam. I'm just gonna need to test the server with somebody and then we can start organizing which wads to play and when.

Can we please not use Zdaemon, there are no binaries for Ubuntu.
How about Odamex?
Steam also does not have any binaries for Ubuntu. How about IRC instead?

when are you keen to play using chocolate doom? and what Version?

As a mac user I would perfer something more compatible then Zdaemon as well, although rebooting into windows would not be a huge barrier.

if you intend to play coop/survival, skulltag is definitely the wiser option. current zdaemon version suffers from a ton of monster-related issues.

Seems like Odamex will be the easiest for everyone to use since it has osx/nix binaries. Now I just have to get a server going and we can get this show on the road. We also have more than 4 people interested so I think should organize an IRC meetup and get the logistics of it all sorted.

The irc details are: #ausdoom on Gamesurge (irc.gamesurge.net). If you don't know how to use IRC try this. Choose GameSurge from the dropdown box, set a nick and use #ausdoom as the channel name. What time would be good for people to meet on irc? I'm idling all the time so you can always shoot me a message.

Edit: Ok, server(s) work. We'll be using chocolate doom. We really need to organize a time to play/which wad to play first!

Ok, our first game will be on Tuesday at 7PM Aus/9PM NZ. If you'd like to play please post or pm me so if we have >3 people turn up we can get two games going.