Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bgraybr

Axe ad on front page...

...get me the music from the Axe even angels will fall game/ad that's been appearing on the front page of these forums lately? The tune is extremely catchy. I was able to get loops from all other parts of the game saved with my download helper because they're in .mp3 format somewhere but for some reason my program isn't "seeing" the .swf and I can't really record sound from my desktop that well (I could try with Fraps but I don't really want to pick apart a video to get the loop).

To see it, just go to the Doomworld front page and refresh a bunch of times. You have to rollover to see it (did it accidentally dozens of times and it's very noticeable).

I hate axe and its commercialization in this post mmodern society all it is is annoying advertising for a mediocre product attempting to get consumers into this consumer culture of brand worship so that the rich multinational elite can be richer and the poor get poorer by choice of buying the products and being an obedient consumer

or is it by choice because they are being brainwashed and born into this consumer culture

im so tired and im half asleep as i write this so maybe it isnt a good idea to write this but im doing it anyway yeah im just about to go to bed because im about to fall asleep and i struggle to stay awake as i type this i bet im not even making any sense its like 2 in the morning man

---

but have you tried getting the swf using firefox's page info (i think thats what its called), and using a program to extract the resources from the swf?

here see if this is useful: http://www.askstudent.com/tips/how-to-save-adobe-flash-files-in-mozilla-firefox-and-internet-explorer/

Sodaholic said:

faux intellecktchual stuff

... I just liek the songg!!!1

but have you tried getting the swf using firefox's page info (i think thats what its called), and using a program to extract the resources from the swf?/[/url]

Oh, I'll give it a try. Figures. The moment that I actually want to see the ad it won't appear. Earth Share- I don't care about the environment right now. >_< I swear that ad just appeared 30 times in a row.

Edit: seriously, I've been refreshing the page since I posted this and the same ad appears every time, even if I navigate to other parts of the site. O_o

Well, no luck. There's a ton of parent .swfs etc. designed to stop people from downloading it. Why the fuck does axe care enough about it's ad to do that? Guess I'll record it using Fraps.

DuckReconMajor said:

obligatory why the fuck aren't you using adblock post

Because things like this happen occasionally. I also like to donate a bit of extra money to the websites I visit.

All the ads I ever get on the main page are either for power tools or hardware stores, so apparently I'm missing out on whatever totally bitchin' marketing gimmicks are being foisted upon you.

bgraybr said:

faux intelleckthul stuff

Here's another way to put it, dude:

Fuck Axe.

Trying to find mindworms shouldn't be hard because they're viruses that try to find you (it seems like I should type 'in soviet russia' now).
Just walk outside and a futurama brain slug will probably leap on your head and cause you to sing whatever advertisement song in no time. For example I went to youtube and typed: 'axe even angels will fall song' and got a bunch of matches. There at least used to be sites that let you download mp3s from youtube videos.
Here's an advertisement song that I like:

And it accurately reflects my life because I don't have any real friends. The kid sister one is cute too. Makes me want to be a pedophile. Well maybe not that last sentence. Poor kids today don't have My Buddy; all they have is hugbox :(: (that's a sad face followed by a colon, not a colon followed by a happy face). http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Hugbox The more I think about it, the more likely it seems that My Buddy and Kid Sister were a parental conspiracy to replace all children.

gggmork said:

it seems that My Buddy and Kid Sister were a parental conspiracy to replace all children.

Or to destroy imagination and get little boys to run around with dolls.

course...I had quite the G.I. Joe collection but they came with guns and knives and stuff. Also had an imaginary friend that I played 'Army' with.

oh gawd i was brainwashed into being pro-military :/

Nah axe is alright. I use the dark temptations body wash and I love it. The body sprays are kinda meh though.

Ptf, who doesn't know all real Doomers use Axe Marine?

(It actually has a decent scent.)

gggmork said:

example I went to youtube and typed: 'axe even angels will fall song'

Nah, that just gives results for the commercial. The ad in question contains an "8-bit" flash mini game with a neat electronic tune.

As for the brain slug thing- I almost never watch T.V. anymore, and I always record and fast forward through commercials if I do. So at least I'm saved from those atrocities. It does upset me that online advertizing is getting more popular and elaborate. But I'm not going to go through the trouble of getting adblock unless every website I go to starts looking like one of those crappy download sites that are so cluttered that finding the real download button is an adventure. Of course, by that time adblock will probably be illegal. (O_O !)

By the way, that commercial and toy are both fucking creepy. D:
I hate dolls. And I don't even want to know what a hug box is. Edit: it's actually a therapy device for people with severe autism that are uncomfortable with touching others.

I have a large collection of cheap macho russian and machoslav aftershaves, aimed at the lower working underclasses.