Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
el zee

Rise of the Triad Community

There isn't many people in the Rise of the Triad community at the moment, the 3DRealms forum & the ROTT modding forum have pretty much died, so we set up a new site:

Rott HQ
Rott Forums

If you're a fan of ROTT, please check it out.

Bookmarked for future reference! Been meaning to complete ROTT again some time. I wish there was a good Vista/7 port that allowed net multiplayer. The MP modes were always a blast to play back in ye olde days!

I need to find me a copy of ROTT. I don't think I ever played anything aside from the shareware version, and it's been ages.

ROTT is probably, like, my third-favorite FPS game (after DOOM and Blood). Extreme ROTT was a bit too hard for me, though.

I'll have to give this game a try again. I could never get it to work properly.

Since the source is available, does anyone know a good sourceport?

Danarchy said:

I need to find me a copy of ROTT. I don't think I ever played anything aside from the shareware version, and it's been ages.

I tried getting through the whole game a few years ago, since I played the shareware to death back in the day. Honestly it was tedious and the levels all blended together. I still like the game though.

Technician said:

I'll have to give this game a try again. I could never get it to work properly.

Since the source is available, does anyone know a good sourceport?

Yeah we have a list of sourceports: (I assume you mean windows)

http://rotthq.com/rottpository/source-ports/windows/

WinRott(gl) is the most popular port, although I prefer vanilla ROTT on dosbox.

I hope you don't mind my digging up this thread :)

Is anyone knowledgeable enough to help me with the Icculus source port for Rise of the Triad? If I install the port from Linux Mint's repository I don't get any sound at all. If I compile the port from source I get sound effects, but there is no music.

What am I doing wrong?

I've since played RotT and the googly Wolfenstein false-3D makes me queasy. Especially now that their is platforming.

It's too bad they used the Wolf engine. This game deserved better. So creative.

Regarding the music problem I found this piece of info on the Internet. It concerns Puppy Linux, but maybe those who have more experience with linux will be able to help me with my distribution (I use Linux Mint 17):

Sound works, but music does not. The method I use to get music is by taking advantage of SDL_Mixer's built in timidity function.

Here is the whole thread:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=43590&sid=782e6f6ddab07c20a8cfa1e32cefacb0

So does anyone know how I can use the mentioned timidity function to make music work?