• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Stanley Cup finals: Bruins won

SUCK IT CANADA
SUCK
IT DOWN

Holy shit it is a good time to be a New England sports fan. My favorite part was where the Canucks didn't score at all thanks to Tim Thomas.

And I thought rioting over something as ridiculous as a sport was a uniquely British/European thing.

Mr. Freeze said:

SUCK IT CANADA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Bruins#Current_roster
both the russians and the three americans beside thomas are in the farm team, so the only american playing for bruins in the whole playoffs was the goalie. the number of canadian flags speaks volumes, especially compared to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver_Canucks#Current_roster
their greatest stars were kesler (us), henrietta and danielle (swe). lu probably spends more time trimming his metrosexual goatee than pretending to be a good goalie. also i think only the sharks dive more than the nucks, gotta be the sea theme.

my point is: many canadians either hated both teams equally or straight rooted for the bruins. also if you're not from boston, you should probably hate them as bitter rivals. :)

My favorite part was where the Canucks didn't score at all thanks to Tim Thomas.

well, bruins are reputed to be perhaps the best defenders in the league. they even made chara the captain, so i gotta sneer at the "all thanks to" part. however i'll always love thomas for this and he truly was tremendous in the POs.

Luongo will yet again find trouble shaking off that "can't close out big games" reputation (in spite of his performance at the Olympics). I'd like to see him hoist a cup, but then again, the Canucks are far from my favorite organization, so yeah, suck it down Vancouver.

That Tim Thomas "save" cracked my shit up... I do find it funny that a goalie can body check a player, but incidental contact on a player's part results in a penalty. You just don't see that very often. Props to that guy for on-the-go thinking.

I was rooting for Boston but only because I despise Vancouver. I would have much rather seen a San Jose and Tampa Bay final. It's a good time to be a New England fan no doubt.

Hockey is boring. The riot wasn't boring. It's funny when Canadians riot over retarded things like hockey.

And yes, many people here were cheering for the Bruins. The ones cheering for the Canucks were generally the blind-patriot types.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

I would have much rather seen a San Jose and Tampa Bay final.

lol golfer.
@riots:

^ That photo is becoming quite infamous. While it looks like they're making out, there's people that say the girl was injured and the guy's trying to resuscitate her.

This one is my favorite:

Burn dummy, burn:

dew said:

golfer.

No. It would have beaten the hell out of 7 games where it was either a blowout or 1 goal game. Entertainment value.

POTGIESSER said:

the guy's trying to resuscitate her.

Her hand is on his neck. I doubt he bothered posing her for the pic.

The playoffs were effing awesome, heck yeah. If you remember my posts in the 2010 olympics topic, you'd know that I'm not patriotic. Watching the news or some sports show (in Canada), and they ask people on the street who they want to win the cup, and lots of people are like "I want Vancouver to win cuz I want the cup to come back to Canada". It's like stfu, Canada is stupid. Some players on Vancouver really bug me, but I like Boston and their goalies. I was hoping Vancouver would get knocked out in the playoffs back in round 1 against Chicago, and they were so close. It was so satisfying to see them lose hard in game 7 just like the three games they played in Boston. The riots were hella stupid but that upskirt picture of that couple was sexy.